Design speaker package - which one rocks and delivers 5.1?

MartyMcFly

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

we have just moved into a new house and I could convince my wife to agree to a 5.1 setup in the living-room. Prerequisite: speakers as "invisible" and stylish as possible. Usage: 50% Movies or TV / 50% Music, both "really listening to it" and background.

As fo the AV-receiver: most likely the Denon AVR-X4100.

Now for the REALLY tough question: which package to go with it. Here's my shortlist of sets that I could not audition in total - so your input is very much appreciated AND needed...

B&W MT60D

Elipson Planet M

Focal Dome

Dali Fazon SAT 5.1

Cabasse Eole 3

KEF E305

Q Acoustics Q7000i

Monitor Audio Mass Range

Thank you very much in advance for any shared experiences, advice or other tips!

D

Deleted member 116933

MartyMcFly said:
Hi there,

we have just moved into a new house and I could convince my wife to agree to a 5.1 setup in the living-room. Prerequisite: speakers as "invisible" and stylish as possible. Usage: 50% Movies or TV / 50% Music, both "really listening to it" and background.

As fo the AV-receiver: most likely the Denon AVR-X4100.

Now for the REALLY tough question: which package to go with it. Here's my shortlist of sets that I could not audition in total - so your input is very much appreciated AND needed...

B&W MT60D

Elipson Planet M

Focal Dome

Dali Fazon SAT 5.1

Cabasse Eole 3

KEF E305

Q Acoustics Q7000i

Monitor Audio Mass Range

Thank you very much in advance for any shared experiences, advice or other tips!

I can vouch for the dali fazons and MA radius (not that fare off the mass range) but i had them on a pioneer 2022k and they sounded good. Though i could never get the mids right. And you will strggle with that with most sub sat systems in my experiance.

But you need to ask your self do really have enough room for full surround sound (not saying you dont). Alot of people struggle to fit the rear speakers in correctly (me included) with them pretty much on your ears. One could argue you could get away with 3.1 and enjoy it more than incorrecly set up 5.1/7.1. Then you have wires to contend with and the Dali fazons don't have stands so you can only put them on the wall so some sort of channeling will be needed for those. (As i found out) i think the rest of the list have stands avaliable

Nick at home sound has some preowned Dali fazons for a good price at the moment in 600 region though im not too sure if thats with a sub included or not

Out of that list you have mentioned i would look at

KEF, Dali, B&W and Monitor Audio (but the radius range not mass) oh and focal i cant really comment on the amp or the rest of the of the list as i havent heard them but if you havnt got the amp yet try pioneer with dali and yamaha with monitor audio as they go together very well indeed

D

Deleted member 116933

MartyMcFly said:
For the rear speakers we already have two defined positions on the ceiling with speaker cables waiting for connection...

Fair enough dali and MA will have all the wall fixings in the box just make sure your walls can take the weight is all the dali fazons and MA radius ranges are pretty substantail for small speakers. The others i have no idea

stonehound

May 2, 2008
Visit site
After years of trying various full size and style packages, I now have these as the fronts/centre:

http://mkloudspeakers.com/products-info/mp-7-flat-on-wall-loudspeaker/Product/170

With these rears:

http://mkloudspeakers.com/products-info/m-4-t-tripolar-surround-speakers-pair/Product/176

They sound superb and easily pass the wife test. The fronts/centres are wall mounted either side/below the TV. You won't find any reviews of these speakers on WHF for some reason.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts