DEQ2496 and REW

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Had a listen to an old favourite Zeppelin track Bron_yr_Aur from Physical Graffiti. Jesus it sounded (insert expletive here) awful. Threw me toys out the pram and plugged the mic into the DEQ and did a RTA of that tune. Saw a huge spike round about 180-200Hz so did a real bomb job on it by -10dB ..well, the result was amazingly good so finally got round to using REW and with time running out did a quick sweep and it showed the same but also a bit of a hump at 80Hz. Knocked 6dB of that and it sounded like a totally different setup. This is all very simple adjusting so far and I will be making more time this week to get into the phase readings and see what they bring up, hopefully it won't get too deep but knowing my luck it will. Very interesting stuff and looking forward to some more playtime. To those in the know with REW : if I do get some time phase nasties that can't be suppressed enough with pure EQ (I realise it won't control them, just reduce the magnitude), does that mean I will have to get a miniDSP or similar unit to store and control phase outputs on a permanent basis?

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
paulkebab said:
Threw me toys out the pram and plugged the mic into the DEQ and did a RTA of that tune. Saw a huge spike round about 180-200Hz so did a real bomb job on it by -10dB ..well, the result was amazingly good so finally got round to using REW and with time running out did a quick sweep and it showed the same but also a bit of a hump at 80Hz. Knocked 6dB of that and it sounded like a totally different setup.

Troy Queef, is that you?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts