Denon PMA-710AE

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Why are there so few comments on this amp ? In Holland Denon is a very popular brand but I never heard a Denon amp.

Comments ? [:)]

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
No one owns this amp here ?
emotion-40.gif

Cypher:
Why are there so few comments on this amp ? In Holland Denon is a very popular brand but I never heard a Denon amp.

Comments ?
emotion-1.gif

Hi cyper

I've not heard the amp. Please have a listen to the amp and see if it is to your liking.
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Cypher,

I just heard the Denon PMA-710AE with a range of floor standers (Monitor Audio BX5, Polk Audio RTiA7, Energy CF-70, Focal Chorus 716 V, AAD Vi-630, Tannoy Revolution and Quad 23L Classic). The other amps I tried alongside were the award winning Marantz PM6004, Marantz PM7004 and an Arcam 70A (that was on clearance sale).

To my ears, (but for the Marantz PM7004, which is in a different class, and beyond my budget) the Denon sounded really sweet and musical, and something that I can listen to for hours without feeling fatigued. I liked it better than the Marantz PM6004, which I found to be a little on the brighter side.

I was looking for an integrated amp for listening to music (rock, blues, jazz) and am thinking of pairing the Denon 710AE with the Energy CF-70 (..will cost about US$ 1800, here in India). I have to listen to this setup just once more and then take the plunge :)

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. It's still strange to see that rotel, marantz, nad and cambridge audio are talked about all the time and a brand like Denon isn't very popular.

I'm glad you liked the PMA-710. I still haven't heard it myself but I heard the PM6004 recently and I still think my Nad C326 is a lot better.

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
It is because, Marantz and Denon are together and while the Marantz is regarded as the Hi-Fi brand of them two, the Denon is the AV-one....so if you go to the AV or Home Cinema forum you`ll find Denon much more often mentioned there...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts