Denon pma 1500ae

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
After listening to it again after quite a while I can categorically say the Denon PMA 1500ae is imo the best affordable amplifier by a mile and a half. It has it all, insight, subtlety, power, dynamics and attack but most important, transparency and a musicality that is rare at double the price. It weighs a ton, is well put together and I think its a total bargain compared to what else there is at the price. Imo Hifi starts here and I would advise anybody to save up if they have considered a cheaper amplifier or to spend less if they have considered spending on anything else that costs two or three hundred quid more.

More subtle than an 8vs2, more drive than an A28, more coherent than a 7001KI , more neutral than a mira and more musical than a nait5i. It ain't perfect, that'll cost a lot more but I'd urge anyone to listen to it if you look for an amplifier. Have fun aye.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Just came across this post . Hope you are still active in this forum.

Any thoughts between PMA-1500AE and Roksan Kandy K2 ?

Sam

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I hadn't heard of the model. It's discontued now, but can still be had for around £700 at places like Sight and Sound.

I just googled it, and it was a good looking bit of kit. Love the brushed metal fascia. Typical of Denon's components:

denon_pma1500ae_silver_1400.jpg

TRENDING THREADS