Denon DVD-2500BT

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
SC:
jase fox:Mine is working !

I know mate, that was some of my point ! It's great yours is going strong and I've seen you say so a number of times. But I've just become hesitant on the whole issue as there's just a few too many complaints out there. Yes, it's other brandsÿalso, as I've said elsewhere it was probably going to be the top end Marantz that I wanted to check out most, but this seems plagued too....

It's all a pain and makes you scratch your head at the farce of it all....I want to jump on it all too, believe me, as I have a 50" Kuro winging it's way to me, but really don't feel confident splashing cash on a HD source just yet, which is a shame to say the least.......ÿ
Ye i guess i have been repeating the fact that my denons working fine, im getting fed up with hearing myself saying it ha

I can understand were your coming from though as if i had read alot of bad reviews about the denon before i had bought one , i wouldnt of probably got one.
But it goes to show that its not best to always take notice of bad reviews about a certain product as my denon has & still is passing all the tests with flying colours !
I do find it strange how some are playing up & others not, im wandering with the denon being a transport onl;y player if the problems could lie with the amp or receiver its connected to maybe?

Probably not though i wouldnt of thought, i guess im just looking into every possible scenario.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:I thought it was about time you all knew...
emotion-1.gif

Well i aint buying it guys !

Of course "prof hat" is a real professer or why would he be called "professer hat??

lol

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
northantsbloke34:northantsbloke34:Saw it advertised for £649 here..

http://www.tlcbroadcast.co.uk/bluray-disc-transport-p-371.html

Do you sometimes wish you never bothered??And heres you thinking you were doing a good deed? ha

Instead you managed to declare war !

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
jase fox:northantsbloke34:northantsbloke34:Saw it advertised for £649 here..

Do you sometimes wish you never bothered??And heres you thinking you were doing a good deed? ha

I know!, where's the good will to all men?? lol Note to self ..keep mouth shut!

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
northantsbloke34:jase fox:northantsbloke34:northantsbloke34:Saw it advertised for £649 here..

I know!, where's the good will to all men?? lol Note to self ..keep mouth shut!haha some things are best left unsaid mate.

But then again i think its a great price for the denon just a shame nobody likes it lol

A

Anonymous

EDITED BY MODS - please note previous warning about attacking fellow members

A

Anonymous

Chill out now Saturday you have made your point.

I have taken Gander's advice and bought a cheaper end player the Sony 550 which will do till these glitches have been sorted

Then I will make a considered purchase having read further reviews and forums like these.

Oh and Prof thanks for shattering our illusions, so there's no hat too?

Maybe New Year.....New Handle?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Saturday if you are this angry with Denon, return the player to the place of purchase as 'unfit for purpose' and buy a replacement. Denon (although I doubt it will be) or otherwise.

There's very few companies who do seem to have good customer service these days although there are exceptions. Lovefilm sorted an issue I had with a gift card over the phone, my local Toyota dealer washed and valeted my car when it was in for a minor repair. Both dealings were painless for me but count towards my future dealings with them.

I have been lucky with my home cinema choices so far - you have been unlucky with a purchase you have made so make the change to rectify your issue. If this means returning the unit then do it. If you want to wait until Denon resolve all of the issues then you have to decide how you're going to play that out. Your first port of call should be the retailer you got it from for a refund or exchange depending on the age of the unit or to see if they can contact Denon on your behalf.

At least your post has brought some good - you've exposed our resident 'professor' lol.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Cofnchtr:At least your post has brought some good - you've exposed our resident 'professor' lol.
Crikey, don't remember that - must have been very drunk...
emotion-10.gif

Oh, and have no fear people, there is and always will be a hat.

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone. Despite all the negative reports, I'm still looking at getting the 2500bt. However the only question I need to know is about upscaling. I was always lead to believe that the best upscaling of SD came from the Reon or Realta chipset. My current DVD player is the Denon 2930 which has the Reon set. I see that that the 2500BT doesn't have either of these chipsets, so my question is, will it upscale my SD DVDs to AT LEAST the same level as I'm currently getting (and hopefully exceed it)?! Any opinion would be gratefully received! Thanks!!

A

Anonymous

I was running the 2500 through the big onk and dvd was stunning. Not sure what was settings i had it on though, but dvd was top drawer.

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Excellent, thanks for that. But did you have anything to compare it to, prior to that? My Denon 2930 is also an excellent upscaler. I know the 3800 has the high-end Realta chipset and would get that if I was made of money (which I'm clearly not!). As there's only room in my set up for one player, it's driving me crazy wondering if I'm going to lose quality on my large DVD collection! Thanks again!

A

Anonymous

i would strongly recommend a home demo either way with this player.

david_tring

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
"Jase FOX" mentioned that his LX70A had lots of crashes. As a matter of interest the only genuine crash mine has had in a year of operation was on Christmas morning, when it got half way through Duffy's new CD and then froze. Yes I know, it's a Blu-ray player (duh.....) but if it says it plays CDs then to my mind it should play them all the way through!

I've had loads of problems playing Blu-Ray disks hired from our local Blockbusters in Dunstable, but once I'd cleaned the finger prints and strange sticky patches off the playing surface they all worked fine. The only Blu-ray from them that was completely unplayable actually had a major scratch - now I check each disk before I leave the shop......

And a happy New Year to all posters and to all at What hiFi!

David

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
david_tring:"Jase FOX" mentioned that his LX70A had lots of crashes. As a matter of interest the only genuine crash mine has had in a year of operation was on Christmas morning, when it got half way through Duffy's new CD and then froze. Yes I know, it's a Blu-ray player (duh.....) but if it says it plays CDs then to my mind it should play them all the way through!

I've had loads of problems playing Blu-Ray disks hired from our local Blockbusters in Dunstable, but once I'd cleaned the finger prints and strange sticky patches off the playing surface they all worked fine. The only Blu-ray from them that was completely unplayable actually had a major scratch - now I check each disk before I leave the shop......

And a happy New Year to all posters and to all at What hiFi!

DavidIts nice to hear your not having many problems with your LX70a David.

As ive mentioned mine was always crashing ! It was such a shame as i loved the pioneer when it was working, it seems your having some luck with yours as i am with the denon.

For anyone whos interested in knowing that i just recently watched WANTED on bluray on my Denon & as you know WANTED is a heavily packed "bd live" disc that some people on here were having trouble with playing, well i can report that it worked fine on mine, no problems at all.
If anything it loaded fairly quickly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts