DENON DNP720AE or Cambridge NP30

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone have any opinions of either the DENON DNP720AE or Cambridge NP30.

The Denon has a 24 bit 192kHz DAC whilst the NP30 has 24-bit 96kHz DAC, so on paper the Denon is better.

Obviously the sound quality isn't only determined by the kHz of the DAC.

Has anyone heard the 2 side by side ? Is there anything else I should be aware of in the world of Network Music Players ?

Thanks

mwsh said:
Does anyone have any opinions of either the DENON DNP720AE or Cambridge NP30.

The Denon has a 24 bit 192kHz DAC whilst the NP30 has 24-bit 96kHz DAC, so on paper the Denon is better.

Obviously the sound quality isn't only determined by the kHz of the DAC.

Has anyone heard the 2 side by side ? Is there anything else I should be aware of in the world of Network Music Players ?

Thanks

Now to try and be a little more helpful. If you do happen to believe what you read it would appear that the Denon does not have a 192kHz DAC it has a 96kHz one.
This being the case and in my very humble opinion you would be better off ignoring both of these and get the Marantz NA7004. :wave:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the into. I've just started looking and was trying to get a shortlist.

I'd missed the Marantz so will include that as well.

Since they're all DLNA/Upnp I assume they all support control via an external program - phone app.

A

Anonymous

I have booked a side by side testing for tomorrow between the NP30 and Marantz NA70044

I'm been told to bring a USB with FLAC files. I'll include an MP3 as well out of interest.

Anything else I should try ?

mwsh said:
I have booked a side by side testing for tomorrow between the NP30 and Marantz NA70044

I'm been told to bring a USB with FLAC files. I'll include an MP3 as well out of interest.

Excellent. Hope you enjoy the audition and don't be led by dealer. It would be nice to read your comments on the audition at a later date. Have fun!

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
mwsh said:

Pioneer N-30

Pioneer N-50

Onkyo T-4070

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I had the NP30 for several months and it's a great little streamer and don't read too much into 92khz vs 192khz but (and for me it was a big but) it does not support gapless playback at the moment. I cannot speak for the Denon (or others mentioned) but if gapless playback is a must then my advise is to look elsewhere.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts