Denon DM37DAB

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can someone help me please. Earlier this year I brought a superb Denon D-M37DAB stereo which I am very very pleased with and would highly recommend. Do I need to purchase a docking system to use my ipod touch (2nd gen) or can I plug it in using USB on front of system. If I need a docking system anyone got any suggestions as to which one is worth a punt. I'm sorry but I recently posted same question thinking system was a 38, I'm such a knob.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
You can plug your iPad direct into the USB, I think it charges if I recall correctly (that will vary depending on model), but you won't have any control of the iPod from the DM37's remote control.

You could add the ASD11R, which will charge, but I can't recall whether or not that will allow remote access to the iPod from the DM37's remote or not.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi superstarpj

Checked this out and the official answer is that you can plug a non-Apple MP3 device into the USB socket on the D-M37, but to connect an iPod you'll need a dedicated iPod dock from the likes of Denon, Apple etc.

The alternative is that you take a lead from the iPod's headphone output with a pair of RCA sockets on the other end, and plug those into the back of the Denon, although that won't necessarily sound as good as a dedicated dock and you won't get remote control of the iPod via the Denon unit.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andy,

I think in that case I will go with the ipod dock option. Anything you suggest to work with this system??

Mr. Iceman

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
To support Andy's post, I connected my iPod Classic to my DM37's USB slot and can confirm that the iPod is NOT recognised by DM37. It does charge it though. I have ASD-3W dock (now discontinued) which has been serving me well for the past 2 years or so, once I accepted the very sluggish interface. This dock also streams music wirelessely from my laptop through to DM37 and has internet radio (I have it wired to my router). The dock does not have a DAC for iPod, using iPod's own then sending analogue signal through stereo RCA to DM37. Of 3 docks currently in Denon's program, only the top two have digital coaxial output for iPod.

I sincerely hope they improved the GUI and the response times. The new docks may be on the expensive side, but they are much more than just docks and they complement DM37 nicely. I have seen used ASD-3W going for some 60 quid or so.

One of the benefits of using Denon docks with DM37 is that you can use the DM37's remote to control the iPod. For that to work you will need a 3.5mm jack to connect both units, in addition to audio cables. The docks also have their own remote for use with Denon's old or non-Denon systems. More info on Denon UK website: http://denon.co.uk/uk/Product/Pages/ProductLanding.aspx?CatId=610d6de4-7e20-4a59-a822-819f4dbcecb6&SubId=2215f35a-b06d-4662-a272-8960f42a2e1a.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts