Denon DM37 replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

steevi2307

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have this micro system since +/- 4years and I'm very happy with it ; It sounds, for me, incredibly well.

I use a HTPC that is linked to the TV via HDMI and an RCA connection between TV and Denon.

I would like to know what could be most interesting replacement for +/- 500€.

And if it will changed something ? I have the place for bookshelf speakers only .

One of my ideas was a Marantz PM6004 + Monitor Audio BX2 (classic combination ?) ; again, will this replacement sounds better ?

Kind Regards

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Amps ; Pioneer A-30 or NAD C326BEE (or the new NAD D3020 but I don't know when it's available)

Speakers ; Q Acoustics 2020i or Dali Zensor 1 or Dali Zensor 3

These are also an option.

matthewpiano

I'd be looking at the Pioneer A-30 or Denon PMA720AE with Dali Zensor 3s or, if space is tighter, the Q Acoustics 2020i (I think the Qs are a touch better than the Zensor 1s but if you have space for the bigger Dalis you won't regret it). Either way, you'll have a cracking amp and speaker combination there.

You will either love the BX2s or not - they tend to divide opinion. If you are really interested in them make sure you hear some first. I had them with PM6003 and CD6003 for a while and in the end I found them too clinical for my tastes.

steevi2307

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
And do you think that will be better than the Denon DM37 ? (any of the above combination)

For now, I have already listen the BX2 compared to my Denon speakers, and yes, it sounds better.

The replacement of the amplifier would be necessary ?

matthewpiano

Yes, I think you'll benefit from changing the DM37 for an integrated amp.

I've owned a DM37DAB and a DM39DAB and (apart from the big jump in volume between certain increments on the 37) they are good units for the money. At one point I even thought the 39 was all I needed, until I put my seperate Denon amp back on and the difference was very substantial.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
For me the Nad is the best with Monitor Audio BX 2, because it has a rounded of treble(a little), so your system will not be harsh sounding.

steevi2307

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I still have not changed my system BUT this is for this month !

With the new pretenders, what do you think is the best option for a budget of < 1000€ ?

I will begin with Marrantz PM6005/NAD D3020 + Dali Z3/B&W 685S2

I prefer an integrated DAC in the amplifier.

I will try to make those listenings this week-end

Thanks for your advices !

steevi2307

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Speakers of the Denon ; +/- 25m² ; I don't understand the latest question ...

I opened a new topic : http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/pm6005-bw-685s2

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
You should consider getting an AV reciever in that price bracket.

better with music than many will admit, especially compared with budget amps, plus provide all the features of your denon minus the built in cdplayer

- dac, coax, optical, hdmi, usb digital inputs. it'll provide more than enough power to really drive those speakers if driven in stereo & offer the option to expand into a full surround set up is also there. Its worth considering

steevi2307

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your comment but I will certainly never have more than stereo system.

And as the amp will be directly connected to my HTPC, it's the only input I need

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts