Denon DM-37 question.

cliffster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I have a dm-37. I understand that if I were to attach an i-pod to the usb port the message 'incompatible device' is shown and the i-pod won't work.

Can I get an i-pod cable that ends in a 3.5mm jack?

And if so, what would happen if I attached it to the external input ( used for mini-disc players etc)?

Thanks in advance.

Cliff.

A

Anonymous

I think you can use the USB port. The Denon website states:

"Portable player connectivity (iPod, USB player....) via Front-USB or 3.5mm socket on the front".

I guess you would simply use your white iPod lead as I do but it will be using the IPod's own DAC. The DM-38DAB uses the machine's DAC to give a cleaner sound.

You could get a 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack but utilising the headphone op amp for an even worse sound.

You can get iPod to 2 RCA but you will be using the iPod DAC again.

Or buy a dock - analogue to RCA in or digital out to DAC and then DM-37.

Hmmmm, decisions, decisions!

A

Anonymous

Our daughter use a Dm 35 I think it must be 5-6-7 years old and she has nicked my Russ Andres GQ24 cable with phono Leeds into the Aux input and that works fine.

cliffster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Graham.read a thread on here that was certain that the usb on dm-37 can't be used for i-pod, although my shuffle works(maybe the Denon sees that as just a flash drive?)

Don't want a dock, too untidy

Picked up a 3.5 to 3.5 lead will try that in front socket to assess sound quality. Might take the plunge and by an i-pod to rca

Interesting. Thanks again.

Cliff

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts