Denon Ceol or Avr for ma speakers

Dannee

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi i just buyed the monitor audio rx1. And thinking of getting a new amp. I have currently a marantz pm7004 but want some thing more all in one. So i wonder if the Denon ceol will fit the bill will it sound good enough with the ma speaker? Or Is it better to go for a similliar priced avr reciever. Will an avr sound better for music then the denon ceol? ialso looked at the marantz cr603 but i prefer the look of the denon.

Cheers /Daniel

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Well the ceol is designed for stereo and reduces your box count by having a built in cd player and iPod dock (if you need those) and therefore ought to be better for music than a multichannel receiver in the same price range. Unless you need or may want in the future a surround sound setup then I would have thought the Denon would be the logical choice. If you do go down that route I would be interested to hear your views as I agree it is better looking than the marantz and also has the integral dock, but it seems a little used product amongst forum members.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Just to add, if you've already bought the RX1s there should be no problem with you taking them along to audition with the ceol, even tho they originate from different stores.

Dannee

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah ihope i can take the speakers down to the store but dunno. Yeah seems like many people dont have the denon ceol dont see so many threads about it, Its more about the cr603 and what i read in the whathifi review they are sounding very different.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts