Denon AVR-X520BT vs AVR-X2200W vs Marantz NR1606

Hello,
I need to change my Harman Kardon AVR200 and I was thinking to get one of those two: Denon AVR-X520BT or Marantz NR1606. I chose these two as they have the right size (they should fit W - 48, H - 18, D - 40 cm)

I am interested in: Stereo sound quality, size
Not interested in: Internet, Power, No of channels

What is your opinion? Should I pay twice for the Marantz or the more expensive Denon? Is the stereo sound better?
Also, how bad will they sound compared to the HK AVR200?

Thanks!

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Only comments I can make are that all of them will probably sound much the same in a surround sound setup, and that none of them are likely to be as good, Pound for Pound, Dollar for Dollar or Euro for Euro, compared to a "proper stereo" amplifier of the same price.
If music is your #1 priority, buy a good amplifier first, then buy the cheapest receiver that meets your needs after that.
In a receiver look for 4K pass-through, HDCP2.2 and HDR capabilities on multiple HDMI inputs, not just one, then buy the one you like best. It may just come down to which remote you like best.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
You indicate that you're not interested in the number of channels and that you are interested in stereo sound quality. Is there a particular reason you're looking at multi-channel AV receivers?

Can I ask, what are your sources? What percentage of the time will you be listening to music, watching movies, watching 2-channel TV?

If your main consideration was stereo sound quality, at the budget end of ranges, you might be better off aiming your budget at a better quality 2-channel system for the same price. But it might depend how many features you need too. Do you need Spotify for example, do you want internet radio? Do you already own speakers for this system? Even if you purchased any of these surround AV receivers, are you certain that you'd never want a centre channel, subwoofer or rear speakers?

Answering some of these questions might indicate you're better looking elsewhere.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts