Denon AVR-3311 vs AVR-2312 dilema

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I recently had a Denon AVR-2310, until lightening hit my house and blew it up! My insurance company are being more than helpful in replacing all my burnt out kit - I'm actually being serious, they are. Since Denon have recently discontinued the 2311 and are yet to release the 2312 in the UK, they have offered me an AVR-3311 now or wait a couple of months and get the AVR-2312 when it is released.

Is the 3311 a no brainer in this scenario? Although I don't need most of the extra functionality. I'm fine with a single HDMI out, I only use one zone as it is and the 2310 was more than loud enough. I've looked at the product sheets (the 2312 is available on the US Denon site) - I can't see any major differences apart from those obvious ones and the 3311 doesn't have airplay out of the box (but available for a £39 download). Will the 3311 have better processing (audio and visual) or is their something new in the 2312 that I am going to miss out on?

What would you do in this scenario?

Thanks

Gary

A

Anonymous

Currently all B&W - 685 front, HTM62 centre, M1 rear, ASW610 sub.

Although my wife thinks this is a good oportunity to change them for something that doesn't overcrowd the livingroom so much. In which case I may change to B&W M1 all round with a PV1 sub to make up for the downgrade.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
How strange that an insurance company is being so helpfull! Anyway I would say go for the 3311.It will have better amps than the 2312 I would assume,I don't know the spec of the 2312 but I used to have a 3310 which was much better than the 2310 in every way.I would pay the £39 premium for air play and get the 3311.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback chaps. I wasn't sure I needed the 3311, you've convinced me. A nice touch with my insurance co. is they allow upgrading, so I've paid the difference and gone with the AVR3312. Shiny new kit syndrome!

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Good choice!
You will get far more from the 3312 and the amps will give you that extra headroom to player cleaner even if you don't crank it.
What insurance co do you use as they sound great?

A

Anonymous

Marks & Spencer (Premier cover). The product has a Defaqto 5-star rating and it's underwritten by AXA. So far so good...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts