Denon AVR 1910 5.1 Speaker Recommendations

SouthMark35

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Evening All

New to the forum and to Home Cinema and was looking for some sound advice regarding speakers

so I have a Denon AVR 1910 and a Media Centre PC and and I was looking for some advice on what speakers to pair with it? As for my taste I will probably be using it 70% video and 30% audio. My room size is 7 X 3.5m but as it's a lounge diner and it will be at one end of the room it's probably 4.5m X 3.5m

budget is between £1500 and £2000

I spoke to a well known retailer today who recommended

Focal

Dali Zensor 5

Tannoy

is there any others I should consider listening to at the shop before purchasing? In addition what CD Music and DVD would you recommend in me taking to put the speakers through their paces?

Any advice/Thoughts really appreciated

Thanks

Mark

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Here are some recommended demo discs:

Rhythm and timing: Nitin Sawnhey - Philtre, especially tracks 9 & 10, Noches en Vela, parts 1&2 / Rosalia de Souza - L'Improvviso

Female Voice: The Staves: Dead & Born & Grown / Lianne La Havas: Is Your Love Big Enough

Male Voice: Ray LaMontagne, Gossip in the Grain

Organisation of complex music: Radiohead, Amnesiac (a good all-round test disc actually)

Presentation of less than perfect recordings: Rodriguez - Coming From Reality

Bass: pretty much anything by Massive Attack, but especially the track "Protection" / Tron Original Soundtrack.

Movies: Master & Commander, the Far Side of the World (especially for the gunship set pieces) / Johnny English 2 (whatever your view of the film, the soundtrack is stunning) / and, it just has to be...Tron Legacy

Oh, and remember to take 2 or 3 tracks of music that you're the most familiar with. It'll help with comparisons. Enjoy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts