Denon 37 do i need a headphone amp ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
evening all , i have a denon 37 and have bought a pair of senn 595 earphones, i think the sound is very good but wondered if it is worth buying a headphone amp, i have never owned or used a headphone amp so have no idea, thanks

A

Anonymous

Evening,

Yes I believe your headphones would benefit from a dedicated amp. It depends on how much you want to spend but I think you'll see a marked improvement using something like the Pro-Ject Head Box.

A

Anonymous

Thanks octopo, how much approx is the pro-ject, also if i wanted to try out headphone amp do you think hifi shop would allow, eg richer sounds, or is it not the sort of thing you demo, thanks

A

Anonymous

Without wanting to be rude, how much are you looking to spend? We'd be able to make a better suggested with that in mind.

Yes, most retailers offer a return period including Richer Sounds, though be sure to check with whichever one you buy from first.ÿ

A

Anonymous

This would really depends on if i will need to use the headphone amp when i upgrade to seperates, i think iam looking at the new nad cdp and amp, approx £700, if i will need the headphone amp then i would spend approx £100-200, thanks

A

Anonymous

I've recently bought a Little Dot Mark III tube amp from China (available on ebay). It works out about £185 including delivery and is a blisteringly priced product, it may seem a little daunting but trust me it punches well above its weight. It works well with the Senn 650, though I'll point out I've not heard the 595s, I'm just going on what I've read on headphone forums.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts