Denon 1910 or Onkyo 608

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

In the process of having first AV AMP with 5.1 surround. Already decided on: Q Acoustics 2020 Front Right/Left, with 2000c for Centre, followed by: 2070S Sub and then to make the rears blend in going for 2 Q-AV for rear left/right.

Just having issues on deciding what AMP to go for. Originally I had planned on the Denon 1910, but then the Onkyo 608 was launched and I am a firm believer in future proofing as much as I can - I am planning on around the £400 mark for the AMP.

Just wondered what people thought.. really looking forward to first full reviews of Onkyo 608.

Thanks for any thoughts.

A

Anonymous

Lol... yeah saw that news item..

Wonder if I should just spend the money on the speakers and then get the AMP later? Just worry about getting a speaker that doesn't work and not being able to test it..

A

Anonymous

Andrew, can we expect any reviews on the latest amps anytime soon?

Kind Regards

A

Anonymous

i have had my 608 set up for a few days and have to say its fantastic value for the £395 i paid for it!

A

Anonymous

Oh nice one, tell us more? ...

Whats it like with movies? I expect it to be pretty exposive if the 607 is anything to go by? Do you need to connect it up via the new hdmi 1.4 cables? or can you still you use the old cables if you arent watching 3d?

A

Anonymous

I've heard that the 608 won't output sound through optical if HDMI is set for video. If true not good for Sky. Can anybody confirm this?

The Lawnmower Man

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
dcraggs:
Hi All,

In the process of having first AV AMP with 5.1 surround. Already decided on: Q Acoustics 2020 Front Right/Left, with 2000c for Centre, followed by: 2070S Sub and then to make the rears blend in going for 2 Q-AV for rear left/right.

Just having issues on deciding what AMP to go for. Originally I had planned on the Denon 1910, but then the Onkyo 608 was launched and I am a firm believer in future proofing as much as I can - I am planning on around the £400 mark for the AMP.

Just wondered what people thought.. really looking forward to first full reviews of Onkyo 608.

Thanks for any thoughts.

I think the Yamaha 1065, which can still be had for £449 if you're quick, would be quite superior to both the amps you've mentioned.

The Yamaha 1065 is seen as equal to the Denon 2310.

I know it's £50 over-budget, but £50 more well spent IMO.

I believe the Q Acoustics have a neutral/bright tonality?, so again the Yamaha would be ideal, as the would the Denon, but the Onkyo 'may' sound a little bright with them.

The Lawnmower Man

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
PeterPG:I've heard that the 608 won't output sound through optical if HDMI is set for video. If true not good for Sky. Can anybody confirm this?

It can be done.

After assigning Optical to your HDMI input as normal under the Digital
Input part of the Set-up menu

exit Set-up

Select your Satellite input (or whichever input you want to reassign)

Press 'Home' on the remote control

Select Audio followed by Audio Selector

Change to OPT

This can be done for each input individually

A

Anonymous

Just wondered when we might have a 608 review.. still holding out until a review is had :)

davet5090

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

The 608 will do this, under the options menu you have to select optical in the audio section and also set cbl/sat to opt 1/2 depending on your input.

Hope this helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts