Denon 1909 & Yamaha DSPAX763

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Given that the Denon 1909 can now be brought for £299. I wonder how this receiver compares with the Yamaha DSPAX763?

Would the Denon be better with audio CD's or would the Yamaha be a better bet. It is a shame the Denon does not have pre outs like the Yamaha, it would be an easy choice then.

Any thoughts please?

A

Anonymous

Just went through the same dilema (see my posting title should I buy a Sony STRA 2400ES). Whilst the Yamaha is meant to be a better amp for sound if you need the connections the Denon is the one to go for as it has 1080p scaling, 3 hdmi inputs radio and more. if you are like me with a DVD, Cable TV and Games console that uses HDMI connections is important.

However as a 'curve ball' for an extra £55 you could have the Sony which I settled for in the end as it offer the best of both worlds, great sound and connections all for a very reasonable price.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply

The Sony does sound like a sensible option the only thing it lacks for me is the Zone 2 capability, but I have just brought a little DAB radio for my kitchen which is what I wanted the second zone for.

Where have you seen the STRA 2400ES for £355?
I will see if I can haggle the price down a bit on the Sony. I am not sure if I should wait on buying much longer, as I am not sure how much further the prices can come down before rapidly increasing again.

Thanks again

Peter

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
"will see if I can haggle the price down a bit on the Sony. I am not sure if I should wait on buying much longer, as I am not sure how much further the prices can come down before rapidly increasing again"

Not sure they can go much lower and with the value (or lack of it) of our beloved sterling import prices are soon to rise especially against the yen

A

Anonymous

Hi there, PRC (http://www.prcdirect.co.uk) on the net have Sony in stock selling for £364.99. Using Richer Sounds (RS) price promise which if you see the same unit for less and it is in current stock then they will match it plus knock off £10. Hey presto £354.99 against RS normal selling price if £380. A bargain!

I had the same problem regarding a zone two however I noticed on the Sony there is the ability to have two pairs of front speakers connected via an A/B mode. Logic dictates that, whislt you can't have multiroom you should be able to connect a pair of stereo speakers in another room (via B mode) in stereo mode using speaker cable. I'm hopping to confirm this with Sony on Monday.

At worst you can still connect a speaker (about £15 from RS) to switch the front channel or play in both rooms.

So you can have your cake an eat it!

A

Anonymous

Just checked with Sony. The A?B function to drive two sets of front speakers can used instead to drive a pair of stereo speakers in another room. Have tried and it works a treat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts