Deezer Elite

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Hi. Apologies if this is the wrong forum to place this, but I couldn't see a specific 'Music Streaming' section? Also, it may be the date of my browser, but the WHF site doesn't appear as slick as it once was and searching doesn't bring up results for forum posts (why?) so I couldn't do a search to check!

Two simple questions:

1) How can I obtain Deezer Elite?

2) Is it solely being rolled out via Sonos? What about through the app?

A bit of context. I've received my email from Deezer, but this does not help in being able to upgrade my account, nor is it particuarly insightful on how to! It suggests that my Premium+ subscribtion will automactically be upgraded at no extra cost, but the small print suggests a one off payment of £119.88 needs to be made? Is this correct?

When/how is my subscription upgraded? I can't see any way of knowing when/if this has happened or whether I need to do anything to sort it!? I have Deezer on my Sonos system, but not sure I need to do to secure the 'upgrade'? I've emailed Deezer support and done web searches but nothing seems to cover it!?

Also - is this purely available via the Sonos app? I listen to Deezer through my AVIs - which are considerably more competent than any Sonos systems (through my AirStream - i.e. AirPlay). I don't want to have to spend £300 on a Sonos Connect!! Would be good to see the app also being utilised. If not, this is a bit of a con surely???

Help and thoughts welcome!

Cheers

PJ

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Deezer Elite will launch in the UK on March 19th, exclusively on Sonos at first but ultimately I assume it will be rolled out to non-Sonos owners. I've read elsewhere that Deezer wants to fine-tune the Elite service on Sonos before making it available on other hardware.

The free Premium+ upgrade is, for now, only for Sonos users as I understand it (you have to commit to subscribing for a full year which is probably what the £119 in the small print refers to):

http://www.whathifi.com/news/deezer-elite-deezer-and-sonos-confirm-uk-launch-march-19th

Pricing for new users is yet to be announced and will be confirmed in March, with a 30-day free trial to be included. We've emailed Deezer for further clarification.

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Andy - useful info.

Would be good to know the process for upgrading to the new service though as this still appears very unclear? I have no way of paying the full year's subscription fee and suspect it would be illegal for them to just take £119 out of my account next month!!

Guess I'll sit and wait until Thursday and hope they will enlighten me.

They NEED to get this out over and above the Sonos offering. As good as that is, I don't think Sonos is really tuned for quality listening. My AVIs are night and day in comparison.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
PJ1200 said:

Would be good to know the process for upgrading to the new service though as this still appears very unclear? I have no way of paying the full year's subscription fee and suspect it would be illegal for them to just take £119 out of my account next month!!

They NEED to get this out over and above the Sonos offering. As good as that is, I don't think Sonos is really tuned for quality listening. My AVIs are night and day in comparison.

Sonos does of course make a music receiver with an optical out, which assuming you have ADM9s of some sort maybe, would sound as good as anything else delivered digitally... :)

Sonos_Connect_33190898_06.jpg

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
fr0g said:
PJ1200 said:

Would be good to know the process for upgrading to the new service though as this still appears very unclear?  I have no way of paying the full year's subscription fee and suspect it would be illegal for them to just take £119 out of my account next month!!

They NEED to get this out over and above the Sonos offering.  As good as that is, I don't think Sonos is really tuned for quality listening.  My AVIs are night and day in comparison.?

?

Sonos does of course make a music receiver with an optical out, which assuming you have ADM9s of some sort maybe, would sound as good as anything else delivered digitally... :)

?
Don't tell him that, personally I prefer it when the snobs don't buy the same things I've bought!

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
fr0g said:
PJ1200 said:

Don't tell him that, personally I prefer it when the snobs don't buy the same things I've bought!

Thanks fr0g and The_Lhc for your considered and insightful posts.

As my original post clearly stats, I do not wish to spend £300 on a Sonos Connect (as per fr0g's suggestion!) as I have a £30 Airstream!

Whether spending £30 on a product as apposed to £300 makes me a 'snob' (thanks for your personal judgement The_Lhc!!) I do not know!

i have 3 Sonos Plays (of various forms) and am a massive fan and advocate of the hardware and interface, but suggesting they do not stack up to the AVIs is not 'snobbery', rather based on not only my own (to me, very important) opinion, but general consensus!!

perhaps you could read the OP before passing pointless (as well as incorrect) comments!!

PJ

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Oh I read it, I'm just wondering why you're trying to blame everyone but yourself. You've already bought "various" Sonos Play devices, which are as much or more money than a Connect and yet you're complaining they don't sound as good as the AVIs (obviously, the Play devices don't cost £1400, what did you expect?). So the question is why didn't you just buy the Connect in the first place as you clearly did have the money to spend at some point?

Either way there's no point bitching, if you want Deezer Elite on your AVIs then, right now, the only way you'll get it is with a Sonos Connect.

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure there is anywhere where I am 'blaming everyone else'!?!?

My original post was asking if anyone had clarification on how I could get Deezer Elite and whether is was just exclusively through the Sonos offering. This was because the email from Deezer was not particularly informative and I haven't been able to gain clarity either directly through Deezer or on the internet.

I was hoping the 'friendly' people on the WHF forums (who I've been a member of for 8 years!) may be able to point me in the correct direction. Other than Andrew, all I've had is highlighting obvious information (which I already knew from my original post) and ill-judged and boarding on personal attacks from you - another long standing forum member who should, I would hope, should know better!?

Once again, you're making totally wild assumptions on my set up, my wallet and my life!! Without knowing ANY of it!

If you have nothing positive (or indeed useful) to say on a public forum, then keep it to yourself!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts