Dedicated room for music

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
I want to turn the dining-room into a place just for listening to music. My problem is that I'm intrigued by computer based downloads (but know next to nothiong about it), but i don't want to have any kind of screen in the room. Does this mean that I have to go down the Cd route? They seem to take up so much space, although I find with new classical releases this is really by far the most common means of production.

A

Anonymous

Apple's Airport express will wirelessly transport music from your PC in another place in the house to your hi-fi very easily. All you then need is a decent DAC!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Depends a lot on what you have already and how much you have to spend. For example, with appropriate gear from Apple (iTunes and Airport Express), you can control everything via an iPod Touch / iPhone so no need for a screen in the room, though your computer would have to be on somewhere in the house. Also, I think the Sonos system has a remote control meaning you don't need a screen in the room, though I haven't used this setup so not familiar with how it works.

ÿ

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
You don't need a screen or a computer in the room.... There a a number of options that will allow you to stream music stored on your computer to your stereo... The one I use and recommend is the Squeezebox Classic ( you could also use the Duet or even Transporter, depending on your budget):

http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_squeezebox.html

There are other options as well from Sonos and Apple (such as an airport express and ipod touch combo or appletv and ipod touch)...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts