Dedicated radial socket with 6mm cable installed

A

Anonymous

Can you give me an idea on cost - as I'm considering the same......

What benefits have you noticed so far?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi Big Air, as its a new installation it has to be installed by a Domestic Part P installer. Cost was £125 inclusive.

Installation is fairly simple TBH. 6mm twin and earth cable + 32A MCB. Could have saved a bit of money and connected the socket myself and run the cable, then you would only need the Leckie to wire into the consumer unit.

Had some other cable runs moved in the cellar and tidied up at the same time so was happy to give the job to the Leckie.

He tested the cct and my Z(earth value) for the house as well as testing the downstairs ring cct. All certified sothats good.

Initial thoughts, bit early because my kit need to warm up, but there seems to be a greater range to the dynamics,much more drive in the music noise floor is also non existant. Will post more when kit warmed up properly.

A

Anonymous

Sounds good so far - and at that cost it's bit of a no-brainer ......

Where's the yellow pages !?

A

Anonymous

True Blue:As above, heaven. Equipment still warming up. Initial thoughts.............drool :)

When you've had a good listen could you report back on whether the Tacima and the Powerchord improve things on the dedicated circuit.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
They will. Because they filter RFI (radio) The dedicated supply isolates the ring main noise (Magnetically induced) (microproscessors, washing machines refrigerators etc) and also allows the equipment to draw as much current as IT requires

A

Anonymous

I'm based just outside Sutton, Surrey.

Sort of between Kingston Upon Thames & Wimbledon.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm, strange, the sound is open and incredibly detailed, vocals pianos and strings are amazing. The dynamic range has definately improved.

The strange part, thinking I am getting a little bit of listening fatigue because there is so much detail, anyone else had this?? Or is it because I am analyzing the sound rather than listening?

Only been listening for about 3.5 hours.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts