Decisions decisions!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have been toying with a few ideas and wanted some opinions. So originally I was thinking:

KDL-46W4500
BDP-S550
Sony STR-DA2400ES
(The idea being keeping it all Sony for the remote) or instead of the STR, perhaps one of the Yamaha DSP-AXs.

Speaker wise I was thinking Q Acoustics Q-AV with possibly an extra couple of rear speakers to upgrade 5.1 to 7.1 audio.

So firstly I would like to hear some thoughts on that setup and secondly feelings of 7.1 instead of 5.1 which only makes about 100 squid difference.

My next thoughts were whether I should even go down this route i.e. at the moment I run a lot of stuff through my PC (audio and video), so got to thinking should that be the area to expand.

I already have a decent graphics card and THX approved 7.1 giga works audio speakers. Should I be putting money here and adding a Blue Ray player to run everything through the PC i.e. video out via DVI (the only thing I need there is a blue ray player and TV card to enable hard disk recording). One fear is how much of a step down this is in quality, but it I cannot try it out and decide beforehand.

I would love to hear some opinons on those three points and thanks in advance for the answers.

A

Anonymous

bump,

quite a few views, but no comments.

friends views are torn, some for pc solution due to iplayer etc.

others are for definite seperate setup!

TRENDING THREADS