Decent mini system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am new to the forum and looking for some advice.

I am looking for a small mini system for my dining room.I have a Yamaha CRX-M170 and a pair of Dali Zensor 1's.

I like the Dali's but dont think the Yamaha has enough power to drive them properly and think an upgrade is due.

The two systems I was considering are Marantz M-CR603 and an Arcam Solo mini. Any sugestions or recomendations would be great.

Cheers Ormy

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
See the system group test on P49 of the latest issue of What Hifi.

I could tell you the winner but then I would seem biased :)

(Dali Zensor 1 speakers are recommended as a good starting point in partnering speakers.)

chebby said:

(Dali Zensor 1 speakers are recommended as a good starting point in partnering speakers.)

Didn't know you liked Denons, Chebby?
smiley-wink.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I have also owned the Arcam Solo-Mini a few years ago.

If you only want a 'traditional', good quality CD/FM/DAB mini system with no digital nick-nacks (no DAC connections or internet radio or AirPlay or streaming etc.) then the Solo Mini is a fine choice.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
chebby said:

smiley-wink.gif

Ok. In light of Plastic Penguins's reply (and so as not to confuse the OP before he/she gets their copy of WHF) the Marantz M-CR603 was the overall winner from the 'premium' part of the group test and the Denon DM38DAB won the budget part of the test.

(I'd rather the OP read the review/group test than have it seem like I am recommending the Marantz just because I have one. I didn't listen to any alternatives whereas the test compares a whole group.)

chebby said:
plastic penguin said:
chebby said:

smiley-wink.gif

Ok. In light of Plastic Penguins's reply (and so as not to confuse the OP before he/she gets their copy of WHF) the Marantz M-CR603 was the overall winner from the 'premium' part of the group test and the Denon DM38DAB won the budget part of the test.

(I'd rather the OP read the review/group test than have it seem like I am recommending the Marantz just because I have one. I didn't listen to any alternatives whereas the test compares a whole group.)

Wasn't meant to confuse, just a little levity on this lovely Friday lunchtime.

A

Anonymous

Hello. I'm fairly new to this forum. I have a Denon Dra-f107Dab and I'm looking for some good speakers. I noticed you said about the Dali Zensors are good. I certainly rate the Denon I have but do realize that it isn't for everyone. I find it easy and reliable to use. I'm interested in the Dali speakers or anything else anyone could suggest. Do you think they are better bet than the monitor audio bx2?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts