Dear, John Duncan

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
This was a post from the 'Stop it' thread - I suspect you have moved on from that thread so I thought I 'd try requesting this in its own thread in the hope you'd oblige me. If you cannot its o.k. anyway here is that post/request.

John Duncan wrote:

It would be more hassle to sell them on eBay than the money I would get for them. Arcam Alpha 2 (20 quid), Denon mini system receiver (nothing), Yamaha DSP-AX620 (50 quid). I might press the Yamaha into service one day for surround (though it doesn't sound as good as a proper stereo amp*) if I can ever find the remote...

*YMMV

John Duncan you still own your AX-620?

Not sure if you've ever read me but I have long 'bigged up' this very amp, being a proud owner of one, paired with a pair of Mission 782se's. Now in my opinion its the best stereo amp I have ever heard, albeit my experience is limited reference the amount of amps I have heard..... doing a bit of 'reasearch' I picked up a few threads from the 00's in various forums that you were involved in ref this amp.

Could you do me a favour, if you have the time, could you string it up and let me know how it sounds compared with your current amp. I'm sure our speaker and source choices differ, but I'm curious. Having met other owners of this amp during my work and its sibbling the RX-620 they all say the same thing i.e its the best amp they've owned.

Any chance you could indulge me - use the digital coax if you use a cdplayer as the internal dac I believe is a good one, if you can't I understand, but if you would I would really appreciate your feed back - your "though it doesn't sound as good as a proper stereo amp"..... intrigues me, as in my home through my speakers it punches way above its price grade.

If you could.

TRENDING THREADS