DB Poweramp assistance

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I started testing Db poweramp recently after advice from several forum members, thanks to all who suggested it.  I have been using it for several days now, and have decided its the ripper for me, I also downloaded "Album Art Downloader", to assist DB with the odd missing cover.  What I'm after now is a suggestions or two from users, on how best to set it up.  I will be using FLAC compression, with quality being my primary concern.  I would like to know if its possible to normalize volume levels between albums, if so how, please assume I am a basic PC user.  Any other suggetions are also welcome.

CGB 

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
When in dbPowerAmp's CD Ripper, select the 'DSP' tab at the bottom of the screen, then select 'Add DSP', from the drop-down box select 'Add DSP Effect' and select 'Volume Normalize'. You'll have several options, I tend to use Peak to Peak.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Pete, is it possible to edit track names in DB, when a CD is not recognised. ÿAll album data can be added at the top.

ÿ

CGBÿ

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
pete321:Yes, if you highlight the track by double clicking on it, it'll allow you to change the track names.

Or right-click the track and choose "Rename".

Type the name of the track and then hit the return key and it'll automatically open the next track name for renaming, which is a nice little touch I thought.

I use this for playing music on my PC, using FLAC, I like the mix option, which I use with a 20 second overlap (I wish Sonos could do this!), although as far as sound quality is concerned I think MediaMonkey actually sounds better for playback, no idea why, but MM is too chunky for me, I like the minimal on-screen control with DbPowerAmp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts