admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

This week I have watched the 5 hour (approx.) Region 1 Director's Cut of Das Boot!

If you have the stamina to sit through 5 hours of German (subtitled), crab infested, WWII, U2 submarine action (phew!) I highly recommend it.

Also planning on watching Circle of Iron. Nothing like a bit of mid-week kung-fu action.

Other than that, I'm thinking of giving Monster Squad a spin later in the week, if time permits.

Cheers,

Robert.

A

Anonymous

I didn't realise Das Boot was that long - I remember watching it as a tv mini-series back in blighty years ago and its one of the most tense movies I've ever seen. Where'd you pick that up?
I can recommend 'The Last King of Scotland', 'Ghost Rider' (filmed in Melbourne) or 'Blood Diamond' next time you're in Blockbuster. Waiting with baited breath for the new Bourne movie to hit the flicks next week.

A

Anonymous

Hello Damien,

There are a number of versions of Das Boot floating around (forgive the pun). Each have different running times. This particular version is the original uncut version running at approx. 293 minutes (nearly 5 hours).

The version I have is a US import, but I have seen a similar version in J.B. Hi Fi. Just make a note to check the running time. If it is around 293 minutes, chances are it will be the same version.

I would definitely recommend picking up a copy.

I haven't seen Last King of Scotland yet, but it's on the list.

Cheers,

Robert.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts