Damaged Speakers

Bushey Vinyl

Feb 27, 2021
Visit site
I have PMC OB1 speakers, both of which have indent damage to the lower dome. I cannot notice audibly significant change as I would have expected. I cannot seem to find repairer for it so wonder if I need to change/upgrade

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
No you (obviously) don't.
If they're just dented (not torn cones) could you not carefully pull out the dents?

I agree. You will always hear when a speaker is blown or damaged. A long story, but I managed to blow my OB1s twice.
When I had little people running around with inquisitive fingers, I also had a depressed dome incident!
I took a deep breath and gently manipulated the indent out.
Mission accomplished and no noticeable detriment to the sound.

Be brave! :LOL:

Reactions: Gray

Bushey Vinyl

Feb 27, 2021
Visit site
No you (obviously) don't.
If they're just dented (not torn cones) could you not carefully pull out the dents?
Thanks. The indents are quite deep and have tried heating them up and then using vacuum cleaner but no luck. Noticed some special tiny Allen key for removal so will try and source these to push out properly, to continue enjoying

Reactions: Clarkey_71 and Gray
D

Deleted member 108165

Keeping the grilles on helps with accidental dome damage. I guess it's a bloke thing to remove grilles to expose the drivers. Fortunately my current speakers recommend that the grilles are left on... plus they're an absolute pig to remove.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts