Burto

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I currently have zensor 3 speakers recently upgraded from castle isis. The isis did a lot of things well, clear and agile sound but did lack in soundstage and bass a little.

The zensors have a lot bigger base but not as fast and tight as the castles, in fact on some tracks the zensors sound a bit bass heavy and boomy. Placed away from walls on decent stands.

Have my eye on a pair of ikon 1 mk2 for a good price and wondered if would be a good compromise.

I have tried a couple of amps (rotel 870bx and Teac ah500) with similar results.

Any advise would be welcomed as I am unable to audition the ikons.

gasolin

Burto said:
Hi,

I currently have zensor 3 speakers recently upgraded from castle isis. The isis did a lot of things well, clear and agile sound but did lack in soundstage and bass a little.

The zensors have a lot bigger base but not as fast and tight as the castles, in fact on some tracks the zensors sound a bit bass heavy and boomy. Placed away from walls on decent stands.

Have my eye on a pair of ikon 1 mk2 for a good price and wondered if would be a good compromise.

I have tried a couple of amps (rotel 870bx and Teac ah500) with similar results.

Any advise would be welcomed as I am unable to audition the ikons.

Marantz PM6005

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts