Dali Rubicon for home cinema

Camaxide

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm currently looking at the Rubicon 8 for a Hi-Fi and Surround Home Cinema setup, but can't find any real reviews of this. Does anyone have experience with the Rubicon's in a Surround setup? I primarily imagine a 5.1 or 5.2 setup for starts.

Camaxide

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I started out listening to the Ikon6 also myself a year ago. Since then I heard the Opticon range was to come, and I ended up a month ago listening to the Rubicon 8 for a full weekend in my livingroom together with B&W CM10 - to compare the two sets. There were no clear winner of the two, but I was then waiting for the Opticon to hit store. Two weekends ago I then went to listen to Rubicon 8 vs Opticon 8 in the local Hi-Fi store, and to sum up easily - the Rubicon sounds quite a lot better in all genre of music. Opticon seem very good at its price-range though - just after listening to the Rubicon it's hard to go back again :)
Now I only tried the speakers for stereo listening to Music - so I don't know how they will fare for home cinema 5.2 - but I hope they will be a good combo.

I currently also wonder what may be better - 2x the Dali SUB K-14 that just arrived - or 1x Dali Sub P-10 DDS which has 3 elements?

I havent managed to find any info about these things but hope some people have some insight in this.. likely people have tried similar setups compared if not exactly those Dali speakers :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts