Dali Oberon with Tannoy Mercury?

Blaise Haguinet

Sep 8, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

Seeing the very good review of the dali oberon 5 speakers in whathifi, do you think that the replacement of the center channel in my old Tannoy mercury package by the new Dali oberon Vokal center will improve my home theater system?

My old system: Tannoy mercury M4, M1 and MC (twenty years old)
The new one: Tannoy mercury M4, M1 and Dali oberon Vokal

Could the new one be better in terms of "audiophile" listening (accurate and realistic) and "home cinema" (deep and tight bass, wide soundstage)?

Personally I would say yes there will be an improvement but I would be looking at replacing all of the front speakers in this set-up only because I like standmount speakers.
Do I understand you don't have a subwoofer?
If this is the case I would keep the M4 but add a subwoofer.
Note that the wide soundstage should be produced by the M4's and not necessarily the centre speaker

Blaise Haguinet

Sep 8, 2020
Visit site
Personally I would say yes there will be an improvement but I would be looking at replacing all of the front speakers in this set-up only because I like standmount speakers.
Do I understand you don't have a subwoofer?
If this is the case I would keep the M4 but add a subwoofer.
Note that the wide soundstage should be produced by the M4's and not necessarily the centre speaker
Thanks for your advice, yes i've a subwoofer

jjbomber

My old system: Tannoy mercury M4, M1 and MC (twenty years old)
The new one: Tannoy mercury M4, M1 and Dali oberon Vokal

Could the new one be better in terms of "audiophile" listening (accurate and realistic) and "home cinema" (deep and tight bass, wide soundstage)?

Centre speakers are mainly for speech, so I wouldn't expect a huge improvement in the other departments. Only one way to find out ...

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts