Dali Mentor Menuet or Dali Ikon 6

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm a bit in a dilemma here and would like to hear a word of advice. I can't decide between Ikon 6 & the new mentor menuet. I've listened to Ikon 6 a few days ago, and it sounded great. But I think they're a bit to big , because I have a small baby, and it's crowded, and i would like to go for the bookshelf speakers. I haven't had the chance to listen to the new mentor menuet, nor will I in some time, because our Dali distributor orders the menuets purely if a customer plans to buy them. So. I've read the new mentor menuet are great, and they also got excellent reviews. They are also in the same price range. My question would be can the mentor menuet provide the same quality as the Ikon 6, if not, how big of a discrepancy are we talking about? I also plan to buy the Dali Basis 100 subwoofer with the menuets to get more quality with the bass...

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
What about the Dali Ikon 5 mk2? It doesn't take up much space but still have way more bass and power (sounding a lot bigger) than a bookshelf. Or you could look at Dali Ikon 2 mk2? If you buy the Ikon 5 mk2, you will have great bass and do not have to buy the subwoofer (or at least not in the beginning) ;)

A

Anonymous

i know, but i would like a speaker not higher than some 50 cm, but with great speaker posibility, also not more expensive than some 1200 $. Being that a mentor is in a higher class than the ikon, and that it got great reviews, i was wondering if it can compete with the Ikon 6, with a dali basis 100 subwoofer ofcourse

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I've auditioned the Mentor Menuet but not the Ikon 6.

I found the MM has a fantastic midrange, excellent for vocals. If your listening is going to be close-range, this would be hugely appealing. I would rate its bass as being above average, though when I listened to the MMs, they were placed in free space and not close to the walls.

They are also quite easy to drive for a small speaker (my auditioning was via a NAD C326BEE and then Musical Fidelity A1 amps, the latter now discontinued). My only complaint is the limited choice of finishes - only 3.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
If you need a speaker to sit at 50cm them the Ikon6 is out. You will have to go a bit higher up the range than a basis 100 to match with the Menuet's though. The Fazon Sub2 would be a better match but even then do not expect the bass performance of the the Ikon 6.

You could look at the Mentor range and see if one of the larger boxes will give you what you need.

A

Anonymous

it's not that the Ikon 6 won't fit in the room, but i'm wondering will the mentor menuet with the basis 100 or fazon 2 sub be close to the quality of Ikon 6

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
It is highly unlikely that you will get the same performance but it does depend on how you listen. Low level then maybe, a bit of volume I doubt it. If I get time I will try to set this up today just to compare but you really wont get the strength of sound out of the Menuets.

A

Anonymous

tnx! i really would like to know the amount of discrepancy between them. It would be easiest if i could listen to the menuets, but unfortunately our dali distributor can't make that happen...

TRENDING THREADS