Dali Lektor 2 Owners

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Matthewpiano and any DL 2 Owners

I've only been able to use my new DL2's fro about 6 or 7 hours so far and straight from the box they're sounding great.

The manual states running in can take up to 100hrs.

Any opinions from DL2 owners on how long it took theirs to reach full potential?.....What was/were the most noticeable improvement(s) as running in progressed ie top end/bottom end etc?

Cheers

Noob

matthewpiano

Hard to say because at the point when I bought my Lektor 2s I'd temporarily given up on the Arcam amp and put it back in its box, in favour of a Rotel RA-04SE. Something then made me try the Arcam with the Dalis after a couple of weeks and that was when I noticed the biggest improvement. I noticed another step forward when the 650C made way for the Arcam CD17. They sounded superb with the RA-04SE from day one, but the Arcam took them to another level altogether.

Would be interested to hear how you get on over a longer period. I'm delighted with mine.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
They should sound better after around 50 hours
emotion-21.gif

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I used to own Lektor 2s and found that they are great value for money that sounded good straight out of the box.

As for running-in, I think for any speakers it depends on how loud you listen and whether the music is demanding or not. So if you play a lot of rock and classical at reasonably high levels, they might be fully broken in within 40-50 hours.

danrv

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine around 4 months and they're improving all the time with light/moderate use. Really sound good now.Treble's opening up and the bass is sounding tighter. Mid's are superb and really bring out the vocals.

Cambridge Audio Azur 640C CD player / Rotel RA-01 amp / Dali Lektor 2 speakers / Atacama Nexus 6 spkr stands / Target hifi stand / QED Qunex 1 interconnect / QED Silver Ann. spkr cable.

A

Anonymous

Thanks to all, sounds like even better things to come
emotion-1.gif

One of the main things I am looking for is a smoother top end. Very happy with bottom and mid for these small boxes and I've noticed a smoother treble (which my C/A kit can be tricky for) so moving in the right direction. Hopeful that the Dali's tweeter will become even sweeter with use.

Yep I do like a bit of G&R Iron Maiden AC/DC etc

matthewpiano

Personally I think the Lektor 2s are stunning speakers. Just put mine on for half an hour and they sound terrific. They really do deserve quality amplification and thrive on the end of the Arcam. There is such wonderful sense of space in the sound and excellent focus and presence to vocals. For small speakers they extend low really well and they have by far the best treble performance of any affordable standmount I've heard.

A

Anonymous

Enjoying the Dali's muchly!...At low volume they are giving base which my wharfy's didn't and yes the treble is much sweeter than it used to be for me.
emotion-11.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts