Dali Katch G2

-pekr-

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
I love Dali brand so much. But - No USB-C for charging? Sadly, I am not willing to tolerate such flexibility issues nowadays ....

Oublioh

Sep 24, 2023
Visit site
So many ‘premium’ effects you see in speakers include leather. So dated. Don’t these companies want to at the least reduce their carbon footprint? Animal agriculture is one of the leading causes of climate change and with the 80% of the Amazon deforestation alone being for cattle and their feed leather is not a good look. And let’s remember: cows are mammals and for all they don’t have our clever brains they have the old mammalian part that SUFFERS the same pain and emotional trauma as we do. It’s one of the older parts of our brains.
The ‘katch’? Pain and suffering all round. Look elsewhere for a modern speaker. This isn’t it.

BiggaJ

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
So many ‘premium’ effects you see in speakers include leather. So dated. Don’t these companies want to at the least reduce their carbon footprint? Animal agriculture is one of the leading causes of climate change and with the 80% of the Amazon deforestation alone being for cattle and their feed leather is not a good look. And let’s remember: cows are mammals and for all they don’t have our clever brains they have the old mammalian part that SUFFERS the same pain and emotional trauma as we do. It’s one of the older parts of our brains.
The ‘katch’? Pain and suffering all round. Look elsewhere for a modern speaker. This isn’t it.
Honestly, please don't fall for this climate nonsense. The world has been evolving and will continue to evolve with or without inhabitants ... for instance did you know the equator used to run through the area known as Northumberland in Northern England about 360 million year ago? Why pick on the leather, why not pick on the type of battery used and minerals mined to produce it ... do you use a mobile phone, a laptop, do you fly on holiday or for business? I could go on and I guess you could too.

If all you have to say on the subject of a tiny portable speaker is that it contains some leather on a forum thats set up for reviewing sound and the overall quality of an item then I'm afraid your opinion isn't worth noting.

BiggaJ

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Going off topic and into areas that are outside what's allowed.
Assuming you are referring to my comment, I apologise, I didn't realise we could not reply in such a way. In all honesty, should the forum be allowing posts that obviously have little to do with the product and lead others (like myself) to comment on their reaction?

I see no place for comments relating to climate change when reviewing a speaker or any other device.

Assuming you are referring to my comment, I apologise, I didn't realise we could not reply in such a way. In all honesty, should the forum be allowing posts that obviously have little to do with the product and lead others (like myself) to comment on their reaction?

I see no place for comments relating to climate change when reviewing a speaker or any other device.
It was both - and thanks for the mature response!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts