Dali Ikon 1 5.1

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
I've been looking for a speaker system for some time and I've listened to the following:

Linn Kinponent

Quad L-ite

Kef 5001.2

Monitor Audio Radius 270.

However I have just seen the Dali Ikon 1 5.1 for £1100 but they're a long way away from me, so can I have your thoughts. My front runners at the minute are between the Linn's and the Quad's.

I would also like an upgrade path

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Can't help with the Dali's but I also listened to the Komponents against the Quads/B&Ws/KEFs/etc and loved them. In fact I bought them (without the sub) as I thought the detail was fantastic, but returned them as my other half couldn't live with their size/looks.

I've the 3005SEs now, which are great but can't compete with the Komponents (exc. sub comparisons)

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
Thanks rbrierle

I think you're right about the Linn's and the sub (I liked the L-ite sub though) but they've gone up to £1700, and are now out of my price range - I missed out again!

Anyone elses opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
Hello

Background info,

I live in a small terraced house and my old Jamo system is too large and to loud. I am planning on staying in this house for a year or so and then buying a larger house. For this reason I am looking for a cheap system or preferably a scaleable system. So I am thinking of the Dali Ikon 1 5.1 system, but changing the centre to the Dali Ikon Vokal 2. This should give me the option of upgrading to the Ikon 6's at the front, moving the 1's to the back in a 7.1 config and the amp I am thinking of is the Onkyo 905. The other option I am considering is the Quad L-ite and Onkyo 605.

Would the Vokal 2 integrate with the Ikon 1's?

Thanks

Gary

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
Still thinking but leaning towards the Quad L-ite and Onkyo 605 and replacing when I move, but keep thinks how much better would the Dali Ikon 1 5.1 system with Onkyo 905 be in a 4.5m by 4.5m room, please help...............

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
The Ikon 6 system has been top of the pile for 2 years running which is no mean feat and I have to say that I use Ikon 6s through my DVD and amps for movies and it is excellent. I wish I could get a centre speaker though as that would improve things further. For music they are excellent.

A

Anonymous

Hi Gary. The weak-link in the Dali 1 system is the Centre speaker - the Ikon Vokal 1 does not have the ribbon-tweeter so is not as well tonally-matched as the rest of the system. The Vokal 2 is a much beefier speaker and is far superior for Voice comapred to the Vokal 1. In a room your-size I would go for the Ikon 5's as fronts, Ikon Vokal 2 as Centre and either Ikon 1's or Ikon on-walls as your rears.

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
Thanks ABoboline but I just purchase the Quad L-ite (£495) as a stop gap until I have a bigger house and a dedicated cinema / games room. I was going to get the Dali Ikon 1 5.1 pack at £1100 but upgrade the centre, then when I moved upgrade the fronts to 6's and move the 1's to the rear for a 7.1 system. It's just the amp I'm not sure on now. It will be out of the Onkyo range but which one.....................

What do you think of the Quad's, I wish I could have demo'd the Dali system but no one sell's them round me. I will demo them when I get my cinema room, need a bigger / detached house first.
Thanks Again

A

Anonymous

i think you did the right thing myself ,imo the dali's a bit on the bright side siblant treble! i heard them on a onkyo 875 at creative audio and wasnt impessed at all! but i guess were all differnt and like differnt sounds.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts