DACs with IR Sensor

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure whether you are asking whether anyone knows of any DACs with a remote control.

what is your budget?

ReneTS

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
No I am looking for a DAC with an IR sensor, so I can use my TV remote to control the volume. I had the Bluesound Node2 which had this function, but sadly the software let it down. So I am looking for some other alternatives.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Most will only have a sensor if it has a remote control so you'd need a universal remote. Also, it would need to have a preamp function. There are some like the irDAC that have a volume control that will control the volume of whatever playback software you use on the computer.

I don't think you'll find any that learn the input from whatever remote you teach it.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
DocG said:
ID. said:
I don't think you'll find any that learn the input from whatever remote you teach it...

... other than the Node 2.

Could you explain what problem you had with your Node2, René?

well, yes. consideri the various functions it has I'm inclined to call it a streamer rather than a DAC.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
ID. said:
DocG said:
ID. said:
I don't think you'll find any that learn the input from whatever remote you teach it...

... other than the Node 2.

Could you explain what problem you had with your Node2, René?

well, yes. consideri the various functions it has I'm inclined to call it a streamer rather than a DAC.

It is a streamer indeed, with built-in DAC. But it can also be used as a DAC for other sources (SPDIF over coax and optical; AptX Bluetooth, ...).

The Node2 is a "learning IR-receiver" (as opposed to a learning remote), a very clever trick IMO, that sets it apart from the competition. I'm not aware of any other device with that feature.

The OP is a little enigmatic about 'software issues letting him down'. I'm curious what went wrong.

ReneTS

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I wish more would include this feature, as it really helps when using it with a TV. I might just buy a Node2 again, just to use as a DAC for my amplifier and television.

TRENDING THREADS