dacmagic

jordanfx

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
has anybody used the dacmagic as an upgrade with current cd player.i have cambridge 640 v2 cd player fed into yamaha 1065 av reciever using analogue leads on pure direct setting,sound is very good but can it be improved by using dacmagic between amp and cd player.

A

Anonymous

I have a 640A and a DACMagic... But not connected together! However, assuming digital streams are not an ultimately superior source i.e. ignoring the HD material and just listening to ripped CDs, I can state that the DACMagic sounds better than the 640A playing the same CD. Not that I ever play CDs nowadays!

nickd34

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a Dacmagic connected between a Nad545bee and NadC326bee, on comparision with the on board DAC of the nad there is a noticable increase in detail and seperation but at the expense of warmth.

A

Anonymous

My guess is that the AV amp's going to be the great leveller. I doubt you'll hear much difference between the two because of it.

nads

nickd34:I have a Dacmagic connected between a Nad545bee and NadC326bee, on comparision with the on board DAC of the nad there is a noticable increase in detail and seperation but at the expense of warmth.

interesting when I had my DacMagic connected with my Nad C and Nad amps I could not hear any difference between the onboard Dac and the DacMagic.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
putt1ck:I have a 640A and a DACMagic... But not connected together! However, assuming digital streams are not an ultimately superior source i.e. ignoring the HD material and just listening to ripped CDs, I can state that the DACMagic sounds better than the 640A playing the same CD. Not that I ever play CDs nowadays!

You must have a special edition 640A if you can play CDs with it. And what DO you connect your DacMagic to if it's not your amp?

A

Anonymous

I meant 640C (V2)... Had a 640A two amps ago and amps have been on the mind recently so the typo was an easy one!

I connect my DACmagic to a low-power fanless Linux PC with optical out at one end and a Rotel RA1520 at t'other.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
putt1ck:
I meant 640C (V2)... Had a 640A two amps ago and amps have been on the mind recently so the typo was an easy one!

I connect my DACmagic to a low-power fanless Linux PC with optical out at one end and a Rotel RA1520 at t'other.

Aha, I understand now.

A

Anonymous

I use a Dacmagic in-between my pc to my amp, and it sounds good. I have also used it to come from my Cd player digitally, then to my amp, but its nowhere near as crisp and detailed as my Cd players internal DAC, so you've just got to think of it within reason...

Its a £200 DAC, then think how much your Cd player's (DAC) is worth!!!

Id be suprised if using a dacmagic with a CA Cd player would make much difference, but you never know...

Overall im pleased with it as a machine, i would reccommend it if you wanted an external DAC....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts