Dac upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just sold my old marantz pm5003 on ebay and have 130 pound's to spend, i was thinking of add either a musical fidelity v psu or a v link both can be had for around 100 pound's. My dac is connected using the usb so i guess the v-link would help clean up all the noise from the pc or upgrade the power supply for the dac, i will eventually buy both, which one would be the best upgrade to start with? :roll:

T

the record spot

The V-DAC II incorporates the V-Link in the case of the DAC so you're problem is solved. Except it costs around £200 or so.

A

Anonymous

Hmm, i cant afford to that just yet and to be honest paying an extra 90 for the v-link is the easier route, the v-link promise's to -re-clock the data from the usb source to practicly zero jitter, as long as it does what it say's on the tin ill be happy.

dannycanham

May 5, 2009
Visit site
A well respected magazine quote for the DAC

"Once again, we found the S/PDIF and USB inputs very similar sonically."

Doesn't sound like the USB has a problem.

dannycanham

May 5, 2009
Visit site
I'd upgrade the PSU. Better PSUs are a great upgrade when paired with good kit. You don't find wall warts past budget dacs. The other choice assumes that there is a problem with the data from the computer.

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
jimm said:
im going to get the v-link first

but make sure you use V-Link's optical out into V-DAC's optical in. V-Link isn't shielded from computer's power supply noise so if using the coax out you're risking raising DAC's noise flor. I'm saying you're gonna hear it on your system but why take chances?

A

Anonymous

I plan to use an optical cable as musical fidelity recommend using it, it claims to no noise floor, so that sound's good to me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts