DAC upgrade, £800 budget

Genny

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
hello, i'm running a matrix quattro & genelec 8030A setup and i feel like its the time to upgrade.

£800 budget, and i'd definitely prefer if it was black.

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I think at that price point, the most highly regarded DAC is probably the Audiolab MDAC. But you might want to try a few out and listen to some before you buy.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I was going to say the Benchmark, but it is above your budget, especially if you go high enough up the range to use it as a remote controlled preamp. In the UK I'd have to agree that the M-DAC would be the prime candidate.

Personally I use an Pioneer U-05, but I'm not in the UK and the pricing differences would probably make the M-DAC the better proposition for you.

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
ID. said:
I was going to say the Benchmark, but it is above your budget, especially if you go high enough up the range to use it as a remote controlled preamp. In the UK I'd have to agree that the M-DAC would be the prime candidate.

Personally I use an Pioneer U-05, but I'm not in the UK and the pricing differences would probably make the M-DAC the better proposition for you.

I have to say i prefer the look of the Pioneer U-05, really classy looking bit of kit, also gets great reviews, so worth auditioning - especially if you use headphones! Seen it in UK shops for £650 now so pretty close to the M-DAC in terms of price.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
If you can demo a hegel h25.
Having recently upgraded my amp to hegel i cant say enough good things about them. Its all about sound quality. Id also look at chord dacs as Dave at frank harvey mentioned

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts