Dac out of sync

Biff

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all I'm connecting a tivo box via optical into arcam irdac into amp and the audio is about half a second ahead of the picture. Same thing happens when watching a blue ray on ps3. Can anyone help with this please?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Biff said:
Hi all I'm connecting a tivo box via optical into arcam irdac into amp and the audio is about half a second ahead of the picture. Same thing happens when watching a blue ray on ps3. Can anyone help with this please?

Just to be absolutely sure, the audio is ahead of the video?

Can you connect from the TV (rather than the Tivo) to the irDac?

rainsoothe

hi

Some tivo boxes have an audio sync option in their setup menu, try finding that.

Also, if you're using a smart TV with a digital out, try running all your sources in the TV (tivo --> TV, PS3--->TV) and use your TV optical (or whatever digital) out into the DAC. It might help, since the audio and video signal coming into the TV should be in sync. If that doesn't help, your tv might have an audio sync option in its settings menu, so you could use that to sync audio for your different sources.

Biff

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
yes the sound is ahead of the picture. yes, connected from the tv optical out and it helps but the sound is still slightly ahead of the picture

Biff

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
cant find any audio sync settings for the tivo or the tv. guess i gotta live with this? disappointing i have to say!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts