dac magic psu

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Hi Andy, the part number is L54BR if you type that in on the Maplin site, it comes up.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Mr Mucus:Maplin's do one for £15. I couldnt tell the difference first off sound wise, it certainly runs a lot cooler than the oe one. After a few days listening it has made a difference, clearer somehow. Glad i got this especially as it's £84 cheaper than the one from Mr Andrew's. Cheers all.

I was about to order the maplin to try it but i have seen it delivers 3A and the original psu only delivers half, 1.5A!

Could this do harm to the dac?

Also, does this come with a 2 pin? As it will be used in Belgium and i don't want a UK pin

A

Anonymous

RCduck7:
Mr Mucus:Maplin's do one for £15. I couldnt tell the difference first off sound wise, it certainly runs a lot cooler than the oe one. After a few days listening it has made a difference, clearer somehow. Glad i got this especially as it's £84 cheaper than the one from Mr Andrew's. Cheers all.

I was about to order the maplin to try it but i have seen it delivers 3A and the original psu only delivers half, 1.5A!

Could this do harm to the dac?

Also, does this come with a 2 pin? As it will be used in Belgium and i don't want a UK pin

Can't advise about the pin count but as already said, it wont do any harm. The unit will only take what it needs. Having a decent overhead like that is always a good thing. The PSU will be working well within its limits and will also (usually) run cooler

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts