DAC Magic & Digital Music Appreciation Thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

slightly off-topic, but would be v interested to hear about your apple tv and 2310 set up. Which HDMI slot, what configuration? I want to get the best from the combination and you might have experience :)

mail at imjon dot com

A

Anonymous

Dell Inspiron Mini9 – Silver Juke – FLAC stored on external WD hard drive > Wireworld Starlight USB cables > Cambridge Audio DAC Magic > AG-Audio 99.99 Silver Foil RCA Interconnect Cables > Cyrus 8 vs2 > Chord Epic Bi Wired > ATC SCM19’s > Partington Super Dreadnoughts.

Getting fed up with forever changing CD’s I decided it was time to go digital, after looking at the high price of dedicated music servers to stream music from I remembered the Mini 9 an unwanted present that was living in the back of the cupboard with its solid state hard drive a modest 16 gb’s and no cooling fan so totally quite and isolated from the mains the battery lasts for ages, it boots up in under a minute just running XP pro and Silver Juke.

I was going to upgrade the Cyrus Amp to an 8XPd QX until I borrowed my friends DAC Magic with an Audiocom level 3 upgrade to try, it is an outstanding piece of equipment I picked one up at Richer Sounds in silver for £199 which will be going to Audicom soon for the upgrade. It also sits nicely on the Cyrus Hark Rack being the same width as the Cyrus boxes and doesn’t look that out of place.

It also works nicely, playing the CD and converted FLAC files at the same time and changing between the two there is no discernable difference in sound quality. The only downside is that neither the Mini 9 or the DAC Magic can be controlled remotely but taking into account the money saved I can live with that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts