DAC for NAD 326BEE amp

gazonkie

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a NAD 326BEE amp with Celestion Ditton 25 speakers and a Sony TT. I currently play my iPod through an aux cord connected to the MP input of the amp.

My question is, how necessary is it to get a DAC to optimize my iPod quality through my amp? I have ALAC files almost exclusively, and want to get the best possible output from my iPod through my amp.

I am considering the NAD MDC DAC to really make my iPod shine, is this something that is recommended?

Sorry if I don't have the knowledge of others on this forum, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
what model ipod is it?

iirc you need something specifically designed to work with an ipod/iphone as the connection to allow a raw stream from the ipod is licensed, so not that many people produce them as such.

Chris Firth

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
If you want to get digital out of your iPod you'll need one of these Cambridge Audio iD100 docks, and you'll then need to connect it up to a DAC.

The NAD MDC DAC is a plug in module designed to work with the C356BEE & C375BEE amplifiers, not the amp model you've mentioned.

Which means that you would need an external DAC to connect the output from the Cambridge Audio iD100.

While you're in Richer Sounds getting the iD100 you could ask them to demonstrate some of the DACs they have in stock.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts