Dac/Amp combo advice

MMeirolas

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello Guys,

Im trying to venture myself into audiophile territory for the first time and I am completely in the dark :-(

The "heart" of my system should be a dac/amp combo that:

- connects to all kind of sources (laptop, tv, speakers, android phone...)
- at least 24/192 (dsd is a bonus but im not sure I can hear the difference)
- portable (android)

I mainly listen to rock, indie, alternative, blues, jazz, classical. So bass is not all that important.

As a budget I can only say that I plan to spend around 1000€ (800/900£) on my whole setup, which includes closed back over ear headphones, dac/amp and speakers.

I've been reading a lot but with so many brands and so many reviewers having opposite opinions, its easy to get lost.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thank you very much

Cya all

Mario

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
The problem is that what others like you may not and vice versa, also people have atendency to recpmmend what they own, but I'll try give one recommendation, others may follow with better. I would be inclined to post this question in the hifi section though for more views

You probably can't go wrong with an Onkyo a9010 amp. Everyone seems to like them, they are getting great revies all over the net. 229 pounds. You probably can't go wrong with wharfedale diamond 220s, also very popular, 175 pounds. I know mission Stancette stands are a great addition, 70 pounds.

I have and use an SMSL M3 dac, 55 pounds on amazon, it does all of what you ask above, though I have not had much to compare it to, it is down the budget scale a little, so maybe others are better. The Cambridge audio dacmagic 100 gets good reviews but I don't know if you can plug an android phone directly in, you can with the smsl as long as the android is verion 5 or later and the phone suppoerts otg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sanskrit-Pro-B-Audio-Bluetooth-Decoder/dp/B0132HXHG6/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1479417672&sr=8-10&keywords=smsl+dac

I have posted a link to a dac was looking at that gets good user reviews and I believe quboz gave favourable write up also, it also has the benefit of bluetooth

Headphones- someone else will recommend

TRENDING THREADS