DAB Radio / Ipod Dock

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Could anyone recommend a decent DAB radio which has a built in ipod dock and also built in speakers? It is for the kitchen so I don't really want separate speakers kicking about. I've had a look online at the Pure Chronos dock and the Roberts idream - anyone have any experience of these?

Cheers

Rik

A

Anonymous

I bought the Pure Avanti flow which has what you want, internet radio and media server streaming as well. Sounds great with a built in speakers and sub. I listened to the Chronos and thought it sounded flat and distorted when you turned it up a bit. The Avanti is more expensive, but you get what you pay for IMO.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Trilobite:I bought the Pure Avanti flow which has what you want, internet radio and media server streaming as well. Sounds great with a built in speakers and sub.

Seems that WHF likes it too.

(About £225 in the shops.)

We use the Pure Evoke flow in our kitchen and that is superb but the Avanti is exactly what you need with the built in sub and integrated iPod dock

A

Anonymous

Hi

I have the Avanti and it is superb in my kitchen, but the sound is so good it would work in most rooms

Paul

A

Anonymous

rik.smithson:

Could anyone recommend a decent DAB radio which has a built in ipod dock and also built in speakers? It is for the kitchen so I don't really want separate speakers kicking about. I've had a look online at the Pure Chronos dock and the Roberts idream - anyone have any experience of these?

Cheers

Rik

A

Anonymous

We've not yet tested the Chronos iDock, but I'd expect it to sound similar to the dock-less Chronos, which is to say very decent. The same can't be said for the Roberts iDream, the review of which you can find here.

Now, I'm guessing that you've mentioned those two products because your budget is under £100, in which case, I think I'd go for the Pure One Elite and i-10 dock. I know that would mean having an external dock, but it's really much neater than you might expect, and the performance would be an improvement over both the Chronos and the iDream.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Review of the Pure Chronos iDock II appearing in our next issue - on sale next Friday 11th. Worth pointing out that the Chronos is very much a clock-radio design, aimed at bedside use. The Elite and Avanti options have greater flexbility (but nowhere near as many alarm options, or so big a clock display!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts