cyrus system - upgrade help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a cyrus 6vs2 and Dac X. I want to upgrade the amp, would a 6 power add to my system or would a X power add far more? Hoping to upgrade the Dac X to XP eventually.

Would Leema Xero's work well with any of the above combos?

Thanks

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
IMO the XPower amp addition would be a very good step upwards
emotion-1.gif

My other hlaf added it to her 8vs2 when she had the B&W CM7's and it was a superb move; great addition to the soundstage and really gave the CM7's the welly they needed

The Leema's are lovely speakers (heard them last week when I collected my Rega Apollo) but not sure how they'd go with the Cyrus set-up; could sound a little lean IMO

Whats your budget for speakers and also what music do you generally listen to?

I've heard the Cyrus 8vs2 and XPower with the M/A RX2's and the Spendor stand-mount speakers (frgotton their name) and both sounded great. The M/A RX2's certainly didnt suffer from poor bass or bright treble!

A

Anonymous

If your speakers can be biwired then go straight for the x power. Miles better than the 6 power!

Also, will you go for the xp, what time frame you think this will take to be able to upgrade to it? I only ask, as if your going for a power amp, you might as well sell the 6vs2 and buy a pre amp, say pre vs2, as this with the x power will beat the xp and x power in my mind, or should I say that the xp would not be needed.

Anymore questions just ask...

Phil

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The DACxp is a good point to be aiming for. Their pre/powers are quite a different kettle of fish to their integrated amplifiers. Far smoother, better balanced, and with a decent warm up, very much like music (sorry Joel
emotion-1.gif
)

I too would go straight for the X Power. Regardless of whether you need the extra power or not, the X Powers superior grip and attack will benefit any speaker, even at average levels.

FrankHarveyHiFi:

The DACxp is a good point to be aiming for. Their pre/powers are quite a different kettle of fish to their integrated amplifiers. Far smoother, better balanced, and with a decent warm up, very much like music (sorry Joel
emotion-1.gif
)

I too would go straight for the X Power. Regardless of whether you need the extra power or not, the X Powers superior grip and attack will benefit any speaker, even at average levels.

Does the theory principle of a smoother sound apply when bi-amping an integrated with a power amp?

Edit - apologies to all, I'm struggling to string two words together tonight. Past my bedtime me thinks.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
A 6vs2 or 8vs2 will still have a lean sound as far as mid/top end goes. A power amp will help a little in this respect. I suppose you also have the option of using the integrated for the bass with bass heavy speakers, helping to remove a bit of quantity to keep the bass in check, and a more refined, dedicated power amp can smooth out the mid/treble....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts