Cyrus problems

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I was recently buying a new CDP and decided to dem the CD6SE. What a mistake. The player rejected several discs until one finally stuck. The dealer didn't think it was a problem as the sound quality was admittedly very good. I bought a Rega Apollo one month later. I have nothing against Cyrus as the sound quality is top notch. When at home however the last thing you want is hassle when loading CDs.

A

Anonymous

I have a Cyrus XTSE+, bought last year, and I never have any problems with disc loading.

A

Anonymous

I can only go by my experience of the 8SE, straight from the box, which was a disaster. Ending - for me - with the seventh disc I tried being 'swallowed' by the machine. All were Red Book CDs in pristine condition. Fingers crossed I don't get any problems with either the Audiolab or the Roksan - but there does seem to be a lot of anecdotal evidence to suggest a significant design fault with the Cyrus CD players.

Glad your player is OK horsburghn :). The sound of the 8SE when it would play a disc was very fine. But the problems I encountered were way beyond minor 'glitches'.

A

Anonymous

sorry to add another moan - Cyrus are now saying that although I bought the CD player direct from their website they 'subcontracted' the sale to Sevenoaks Hi-Fi: & I have to sort something out with them. Nowhere on their website does it mention this subcontracting (that I can see).

So not only are they selling a CD player which is not designed to play CDs to anything like an acceptable standard of reliability (something they know full well), they also sell direct but claim not to & wash their hands (directly) of any responsibility.

Thanks a lot Graham Bloxham who - I understand - is laughingly responsible for "quality control" at Cyrus. Don't go anywhere near them, would be my advice
smiley-frown.gif

A

Anonymous

arcades project said:
sorry to add another moan - Cyrus are now saying that although I bought the CD player direct from their website they 'subcontracted' the sale to Sevenoaks Hi-Fi: & I have to sort something out with them. Nowhere on their website does it mention this subcontracting (that I can see).

So not only are they selling a CD player which is not designed to play CDs to anything like an acceptable standard of reliability (something they know full well), they also sell direct but claim not to & wash their hands (directly) of any responsibility.

Thanks a lot Graham Bloxham who - I understand - is laughingly responsible for "quality control" at Cyrus. Don't go anywhere near them, would be my advice
smiley-frown.gif

Oh dear, where have I heard all this before? Sorry to hear of the troubles that Cyrus have caused you.

My own dealings with Cyrus were deeply frustrating, and fell a LONG way short of what you would expect from a premier british hi-fi company. I see that they continue to treat their customers in a shoddy manner.

A

Anonymous

Quenzer - I wish I'd seen your thread before ordering the Cyrus player. Hopefully I'll be rid of it this week.

I hope you've now got a machine from someone that plays your CDs!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts