Cyrus is rubbish...

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
...or so it seems according to a lot of punters on this forum.

Now I'm no expert as can be seen from my history: Akai (27 year old amp still going strong with my PC), Wharfedale, Kenwood amp (rubbish), Mission, Kenwood CD (rocker but died), NAD amp, Celestion, Yamaha AV amp, Infinity, Arcam AVR (died unexpectedly), but after extensive - very extensive - running in, Cyrus gear is actually rather astonishingly good and I'm in heaven. Even Tindersticks sound listenable. So there!

A

Anonymous

Each to their own...

And damn, I thought you had an Aiwa for a moment and I could relight my bedsit jokes...

A

Anonymous

Not at all, you have a very nice system, that given a lot of welly to run it in will be hard to match for musical enjoyment.

With a few mods and tweaks it will stand up against really hi end gear well!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
What I like about threads like this, is the passion and sheer love people have for their systems. Kind of what it's all about really.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

No they really are rubbish....thats why they won soooo many awards! haha

Tony_R

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Why not ask the 3 happy Cyrus owners on this forum?
emotion-4.gif

...starts running......
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Tony_R:
emotion-4.gif

...starts running......
emotion-5.gif

4 now - see below......
emotion-5.gif

T

the record spot

Tony_R:
emotion-4.gif

...starts running......
emotion-5.gif

LOL!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I used to have an Arcam system of CD72 A75 and P75 , which I found dull, flat and musically uninspiring. Then I saw the light and swapped to Cyrus equipment and at present musically Iam in that special place

john dolan

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Most brands have a in house sound and cyrus is clean lean open fast and refined.If someone prefers a different presentation that's fine as it would be a boring world indeed if we all liked the same things.To say cyrus is rubbish though i just don't see how anyone would think that.Plenty of kit about id not buy because its sound would not appeal to me but to label it as rubbish because of that would be ridiculous.

A

Anonymous

I've heard some good results from Cyrus equipment but have found it tended toward sterility when I last dem'd it. There are however two reasons why I cannot ever see myself buying any;

1) I hate external power supplies. Cyrus do at least have small form factors as an excuse but I resent paying out for a toroid in a box.

2) The BFA speaker connection is the worst method of linking amp to speaker in the entire world. It is flimsy, unsightly and completely pointless.

If I ever were to require a transport however, their new one is an interesting bit of kit and as it avoids problem one and problem two, it could get a look in against a CEC.

A

Anonymous

Listening to my CD8 SE right now and it's sounding just sublime.I've owned top of the range Arcam CD players in the past and this just blows them straight into the weeds.Quite simply it has been a revelation.This is a stunning piece of kit.....THANKYOU CYRUS!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts