Cyrus digital streamer email/teaser/survey

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Quote.......

"2010 is already proving to be an exciting year for Cyrus. Together with our class leading range of CD players and amplifiers and our world beating SE CD ‘engine’, we are anticipating a great reaction to our latest product.....

Streaming Media are words we are all becoming familiar with and Cyrus is no exception. We are closely guarding the full details of this new product, but as you would expect from Cyrus, it is likely to be a class leader!

We are pleased to be able to send you advanced notice of this product and as a much valued friend of Cyrus, we are keen to know what features you would look for. Streaming clients are good at a number of things and we are keen to hear your opinion.
What do you consider to be the most important from the below?

touch screen remote control
High performance audio
Upgradeability"

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I didn't know you were a much valued friend of Cyrus...
emotion-5.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:can't see the why Andrew has reiterated the point.

Can't see the missing word, but was perplexed as to why the OP just quoted the email he'd received - I was expecting him to comment on it in some way.

But is this going to turn into one-upmanship? You may get emails from Cyrus, but I get them from Monitor Audio, too...?

manicm

Well at least Cyrus are being a damn sight more thoughtful than Linn - who just dumped a great sounding device on the public - and then told them to find a decent remote for themselves.

Hyperbole of-course but you get the gist.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Can't see the missing word, but was perplexed as to why the OP just quoted the email he'd received - I was expecting him to comment on it in some way.

Merely by way of a bit of news. For information. Thats all.

I did not make any comment of my own in the OP, but just left it to the quote from their email to inform that Cyrus are planning a new digital streaming device.

I did not for a moment believe - or suggest - that I am some 'special friend' of Cyrus. I know that would be a bit daft. The people registered to their website for news/info must number in the thousands.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
hammill:chebby:The inspiration for that design was demolished a few years ago....
Is that the Tricorn or its northern sister?

Does indeed look like the Tricorn, looks much better now as a car park LOL

oh yes and I am a friend of Cyrus (even after comparing their sound to that of a 9" angle grinder)

A

Anonymous

chebby:and as a much valued friend of Cyrus,

I also got this email from Cyrus, and I find the quoted line above to be highly offensive actually. They have shown me nothing but contempt, and have time and again tried to palm me off with second rate goods. After two years, I'm still waiting for a useable CD8SE unit that is free from defects and is finished in the correct colour!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts