Cyrus cd6 and 6 amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well i did it, i made an impulse purchase on Ebay last night and bought the above...Now i'm trying to justify my actions....They are second hand but in good condition and boxed with remotes...I paid £460 for them...so my first question is were they worth it...is it worth getting them upgraded when funds permit ? and i read in WHF that you should really use Cyrus interconnects and speaker cable with Cyrus equipment....problem is i can't afford them, so what are a good choice on a budget?...I intend to use them with my Kef 104 A/B's..so i'll report back on my findings when i get it all sorted.....I'm also going to need a nice rack to put them in/on..again the Cyrus one is really nice looking but expensive , so i'll have to have a think about that one..as always all comments are very welcome as i'm just getting back int HI FI after a long absence...

I would say, yes. When new they were £600 each, and although I've only heard the 8, it would suggest that you have done well. Both are still very respected.

Regarding cables, try and locate some Merlin Chopin interconnects - they are transparant and open, well defined bass. If you require the Cyrus to be slightly richer in presentation try some budget Chord (Chrysalis, Cobra) just two examples.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
KEFMAN:Well i did it, i made an impulse purchase on Ebay last night and bought the above...Now i'm trying to justify my actions....They areÿsecond hand but in good condition and boxed with remotes...I paid £460 for them...so my first question is were they worth it...is it worth getting them upgraded when funds permit ?ÿ and i read in WHF that you should really use Cyrus interconnects and speaker cable with Cyrus equipment....problem is i can't afford them, so what are a good choice on a budget?...I intend to use them with my Kef 104 A/B's..so i'll report back on my findings when i get it all sorted.....I'm also going to need a nice rack to put them in/on..again the Cyrus one is really nice looking but expensive , so i'll have to have a think about that one..as always all comments are very welcome as i'm just getting back int HI FI after a long absence...

hifiracks.co.uk will do you a rack just like the Cyrus' Triarbour. Speak to Bradley who makes stem. I'm well chuffed with mine and the service I received.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all of your suggestions, those stands look awesome Joelsim..i'm saving my pennies as we speak....I've just found out that i need BFA connectors for the speaker cables..and a search on Ebay has come up with many different prices ...can anyone suggest a good one or are they all the same.....? Cable wise i was thinking Chord Silverscreen (run is < 2 Mtrs)...and an Atlas Equator interconnect....

A

Anonymous

Just received an Email from Cyrus..they want £499 to upgrade the cd to 6se and £699 to 8se..apparently the amp cant be upgraded...looks like i'm keeping them the way they are until i can afford to change them...:(

A

Anonymous

Well i'm looking pretty glum at the moment. My Ebay deal fell through at the final hurdle, so i'm on the lookout again...Ho Hum

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts