Cyrus 8vs2 with B&W 685s ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just found a very good deal for a Cyrus 8vs2 amp (600 quid) which is now really confusing me... I had set my heart on some B&W 685s and was hunting for a good amp to drive them (around 500 pounds mark). Now the Cyrus amp is in the picture, I'm wandering if the speakers would be good enough... Problem is I don't really want to spend much more than a grand on the amp & speakers... What should I do ? Ideas plz !!!

A

Anonymous

You won't be disappointed with the combo at all, though as you expect the 8vs2 is capable of more the 685s can deliver. Extending your budget a little the Epos M12i should be a good match though to match the standard of the Cyrus you'll need to spend a grand on speakers alone...

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hi, i also own a pair of 685's and also interested in the cyrus 8vs2 along with the kandy k2. what is the 8vs2 like in the bass department?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Both the Cyrus 8v2 and the Roksan Kandy LIII will both drive the 685's superbly.

I appreciate that folks feel that having a more expensive amp sometimes requires more expensive speakers but in the case of the B&W 685s; i think thats wrong.

Theyre superb speakers and deliver more clout than you'd realise which doesnt do their price justice!

For my taste in music and my hearing; the 685's are probably one of the best standmount speakers under £1k. They can also be partnered with a wide range of separates as theyre good at smoothing out the forwardness in some systems.

Yesterday i heard the 685's with the Kandy LIII, K2 and Cyrus 8v2 integrated amps along with the Cyrus 6SE CDP and the Rega Apollo CDP and the soundstage was sublime

The bass depths were superb, well timed and not muddled at all. The midrange was smooth and detailed and the treble was spot on.

I have to say that the heaver/better the speaker stands the 685's will sound better too. They were on Partington Super Dreadnoughts and Atacama Nexus 6's yesterday and the dreadnoughts blew the Nexus's out of the water!

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
thtas great because i treated myself to some lovely partington broadsides a few weeks back(though some would say thats probabley overkill for the 685's). sorry to hijack this thread
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi,Would the cyrus be a good match for my spendors and arcan?

ÿ

I know there are quite a few good deals coming up with the cyrus. ÿAlso, would the treble be harsh / lean, or would it be smoother than I think. ÿI am only asking, as cyrus is usually noted as being great, but lean.

ÿ

Philÿ

TRENDING THREADS