Cyrus 8VS Amp & CD 8SE with Neat Acoustics Motive 1 Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am just about to make my first purchase of high end audio equipment and have heard good things bout the Neat Acoustics Motive 1's.

Has anybody listened to the above combination?

How does it sound?

Does it make a good partnership?

Are there better options?

A

Anonymous

Cyrus kit go very well with Spendor's, IMO. The Neat Acoustic Motive 1's are fantastic speakers and to my ears at least, are perfect with my Primare kit.

I'm not quite sure how they would sound with the Cyrus 8 combo though, as they are sonically quite different sounding from Primare. Best for you to audition these for yourself and decide.

A

Anonymous

If I was to buy some Neat Motives I'd match them to a Sonneteer Alabaster amp, the combination is frighteningly good, I've yet to hear a better integrated than the Alabaster at it's price point and it's a 10 year old amp, a legend.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. ÿ

Does anyone know of a shop hat sells Cyrus products and the Motive 1's? I have had a quick look around and as yet have not found anywhere.

Dennis Michos

Jun 24, 2008
Visit site
I received a very nice email from Neat Acoustics mentioning that besides Naim amplifiers (which they recommend in their web-site too) they also used Cyrus 6vs2. The guy was saying that Cyrus and Neat match quite well together. Maybe my Cyrus One is too small for the Motive 1 but I plan to move to some bigger Cyrus (some day ;))
I had the chance to listen to the Motive 1 last week with Linn Amp and CD (don't know the exact models though :)) and I can't say they were a perfect match. I don't know if it was the Linn equipment or the Speakers......they didn't sound bad (the contrary) but I was not impressed.....I will try to have an other audition (maybe with Cyrus, Roksan amps) so I can have a better opinion

A

Anonymous

Cheers Dennis - where did you listen to the Motive 1s do they also sell Cyrus equipment and is it anywhere near South Wales?

If you could leave an update after listening to the Motive 1s with Cyrus that would be great!

I am planning on listening to the Spendors and PMC GB1 on the weekend so see what happens with those but I would like to listen to the Motive 1 or 2s if I can find a place.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Cheers Septicman, I have just checked the website and it looks like they do sell both products - just need to find time for the drive down.

Dennis Michos

Jun 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Gareth,
I don't live in UK. I had an audition in Brussels. I think the Motive 1 are good and I would also like to listen to them with a Cyrus amp.
The Spendors and the PMC are supposed to be a good match with the Cyrus. I think there is a new floorstanding model coming out from Spendors but don't know the price. Have you listened to the Ikon 6? Don't you want to give them a try?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts