Custom Design FS104 Signature

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi,
I am seriously considering these stands (in preference to super dreadnoughts).
Just missed out on ebay auction for dreadnoughts and got me wondering if these would be best.
I am looking for a full / solid sound with presence but fast and transparent. Listening room about 16ft by 14ft.

Has anyone got these / heard these in use or better compared against Partington Stands?

Also, my speakers are 16cm wide and 20cm deep.
The stands come with 2 top plate options in sizes, 16.5cm * 18cm OR 19cm * 24cm.
Would the smaller base be prefereable do you think?
Thanks in advance.
Ambrose

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Cmon.

What Hi Fi Best Speaker Stands and no-one has them :?

Be nice to think there are alternatives to Partington, something still with weighty sound but agile at same time.

I liked the Something Solid XF stands as midrange was very transparent but sounded a little light weight with my speakers compared to my current (heavy) temporary stands.

mykspence

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ambrose said:
Cmon.

I have some, they look nice imo and they place the speakers the right height from the floor. But as I don't subscribe to the different stand, different sound myth, I can't offer any thing else in the way of help. Sorry.

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
mykspence said:
Ambrose said:
Cmon.

I have some, they look nice imo and they place the speakers the right height from the floor. But as I don't subscribe to the different stand, different sound myth, I can't offer any thing else in the way of help. Sorry.

Thanks for reply. They do look nice and importantly will place at correct ear height which is critical.

Depends on what you define as different sound I guess?

However, I do notice changes in bass response, weight of sound and speed from 3 different stands I have tried.

Just need to find one stand that possesses best attributes of each!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts